Chapter 18 - The Top In Toman

3rd person POV

Takemichi went back home after the incident at Valhalla's hideout. He was still dazed from all that had happened. He couldn't sleep for the entire night and ended up keeping his eyes open till' the morning.

The next morning

"Didn't sleep a wink... Even though I'm 26..." He had bags under his eyes.

He walked along the road, thinking of how should he explain the situation to Mikey. He eventually passed by a playground.

"Hey! Come here!"

"Huh?"

A blonde boy with undercut was calling out for him. Wounds were all over his face.

"Pop a squat."

The boy said, pointing to the empty swing next to him.

'What? Who's that scary dude? He's totally up to no good, and he's beat to hell too!' Takemichi thought.

"Just ignore him...."

"Yesterday was a total disaster for us both huh?"

"Huh? Yesterday?"

"Baji san's a total badass ain't he?"

"You were... Baji kun' s friend?"

"Tokyo Manji Gang, First division vice captain. Chifuyu Matsuno."

"YOU'RE THE GUY BAJI KUN'S BEAT UP TO A PULP!!"

"So are you." Chifuyu deadpanned.

"You should be thankful to him."

"Huh? Why should I?"

"You ruined the nomination ceremony. If Baji san hasn't decked on you, something even worse would've happened to you."

"....."

"I got beat up so he could join Valhalla... But Baji san didn't get into Valhalla to destroy Toman. He's got something else on his mind."

"Huh...?"

"Kisaki...."

"What?!"

"Baji san joined Valhalla so he could get at Kisaki"

~Time skip~

Takemichi and Chifuyu eventually went to Mikey, which they were informed that he was at the cementery. It started raining while they're on the way. They got there and saw Mikey, who's squatting down infront of a grave. With Draken holding an umbrella above him. The words 'Sano Family Grave' was carved on it.

"I see. So you heard about my older brother."

Draken added "Shinichiro Kun was an awesome guy."

"Yeah." Mikey agreed.

"Takemitchy.... We know, too that the past incident can't be undone." Draken said as he looked back at Takemitchy.

"Baji and Kazutora didn't intend that to happen."

They started walking.

"Yeah, it's too late to change what happened. I know that..... But deep down, I can't accept it." Mikey said with a rather serious tone.

"The CB250T that Baji and Kazutora were trying to steal was the one my brother rode."

"What??!"

"It was supposed to be my Birthday present. That CB250T's a memento from my brother."

They continued on walking and ended up walking towards Mikey's bike.