Chapter 23 - A Big Misunderstanding

Two weeks after the incident

3rd person POV

It's been two weeks since Baji died and Kazutora's arrest. The first division vise captain, Chifuyu Matsuno, and the second vice president of Toman, Kiyone Rian(Shi) , was at Baji's grave.

"Baji San... It's just like we first met."

"We bought some peyoung, like we promised. Half's for you."

"Baji San...." Chifuyu broke down. Shi still has a stoic expression on her face.

"Sayin 'thank you'.... That's not fuckin fair...."

Shi clasped her hands together, sending Baji her longings.

"What am I supposed to do.... From now on..?" Chifuyu muttered.

Shi squatted down, a hand on Chifuyu's head, a sign as comforting him.

With Draken and Takemichi

On the other hand, Draken and Takemichi went to visit Kazutora.

"They told me to expect ten years sentence.... I guess that's still short for what I did..."

Kazutora's face frowned.

"I won't run anymore. I've got to face up to this. He taught me that.... So I wanna get proper rehabilitation this time around."

".... Don't die. Kazutora."

"... Huh? Why-"

"I know exactly what you're thinking.
You better not try to make up for this by killing yourself. Got it?"

".... But.... What else am I supposed to do? I just... Don't know."

Draken sighed.

"Here's a message from Mikey and Shi."

Kazutora raised his head and looked at Draken.

"Huh?"

"Now and always, Kazutora... Is part of Toman."

"....."

"I still consider you as my best friend, Tora."

"We forgive you."

Kazutora started tearing up. Draken and Takemichi left the room, leaving the crying Kazutora there.

"It's getting chilly."

"That's winter for you." Takemichi replied Draken.

"Oh, right! I got a message for you, from Mikey too."

"Huh?"

"He said 'I have something important to tell you at our next gathering. So you better show up.' "

Back to Shi and Chifuyu

They were sending their prayers to Baji. Shi was comforting Chifuyu by patting on his head. When a figure suddenly showed up. It's Mikey.

He clasped his hands infront of Baji's grave, eyes closed. He then opened his eyes. Turning his head to Shi.

"So are you coming back?"

"Huh?"

"Toman. Continue to be the second vice president." He said to Shi, smiling.

"I.... I don't know how to face all of you now. I was supposed to keep Baji out of trouble, but I failed. I even betrayed Toman for this. I tried to get leads on Kisaki, but also failed. I've accomplished nothing but lost Baji. I don't think I'm worth it. I'm useless. I-"