viii. finding will in the upside down

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴// eight • 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗎𝗉𝗌𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴
// eight
• 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗎𝗉𝗌𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇

Nightfall came by, it was already dark out with nothing but the cricks being the only noise they hear. "Did you hear that?" Nancy snapped her green eyes away from Jonathan hand out towards the window. "It's just the wind, don't worry, my mom, she said the lights speak when it comes." Jonathan reassured.

Julia picked up her head, narrowed eyebrows. "Speak?" Julia asked bringing her knees to her chest, Jonathan glanced at her shrugging. "Blink. I think of them as alarms."

"Is that to tight." Nancy changed the subject when she cut off the end of the bandage wrapping his hand, Julia pursed her lips looking away.

"No-no, it's fine." Jonathan stuttered out. "Thanks."

Nancy smiled with her eyes clinging onto his hand slowly dragging her fingers down to the palm of his hand. "Nancy." Jonathan soft voice broke her trance, staring into each others eyes enjoying the moment, they loved the feeling of it, soon the quiet was interrupted by a loud knock to the door.

"Jonathan! Are you there, man? It's Steve!" Julia eyes widen staring at the door, quickly pushing off the ground. "Listen, I just want to talk!"

Julia exhaled walking towards the door only to find Steve Harrington with a busted lip and a very bruised eye. Jonathan got him good. "Hi, Steven"

Steve furrowed staring at his best friend, he didn't know she was there, only confusion crossing his face. "Hey. Jules, what— Julia?" Steve paused leaning his palms again the door.

"Steve, I'm going to need you to come back some other time or day, okay?" Julia held the door tightly to that he couldn't see what was happening behind her, or what's was about to happen.

"I'm not trying to start anything, okay?" Steve closed his eyes taking a deep breath, placing his hand on the door, trying to find the right words.

"I don't care about that. You need to leave."

"No, no, no. Listen, I messed up, okay?" Steve banged on the door out of frustrating, pleading for her to listen. "I messed— I messed up. Okay? Really. Please. I want to make things right. Okay? Pleas—"

Something curled in his stomach when he saw the white cloth wrapped around her hand, dry blood soaking the cloth, Steve's eyes soften, stepping closer. "Hey, what happened to your hand? Is that blood?" Steve took her hand, carefully so that he wouldn't hurt her even more.