xlii. the book of the dammed

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴// forty two• 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗆𝗆𝖾𝖽

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴
// forty two
• 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗆𝗆𝖾𝖽

"Hey, Max, can we talk?"

Max Mayfield looked up from her textbook she was currently reading to the doorway were Julia stood with a nervous expression on her face, the young teen nodded jumping off her bed following Julia out the door.

"Where are we going?"

Max didn't understand where Julia was leading them too, Julia ignored her question as they walked out the trailer home straight into the woods, further in were no prying eyes can see them from where they stood.

"Is this the part where you kill me?" Max spoke sarcastically with a light chuckle, crossing her arms over her chest. Julia cocked her head before shaking her head.

"No, no, that not why I brought you." Julia exclaimed takings a deep breath, she spun around back to Max. "I... Okay, I need to come clean about something, I been hiding it for almost a year now."

Max nodded slowly eyeing they way Julia fiddle with her fingers, and her green eyes reflected against the golden sun before growing rather by at the witch's pacing.

"Julia!" Max yells extending her arms, Julia snapped out of her daze. "Just say it, cause we really don't have all day here."

Julia nodded quickly, she trusted Max more then anyone she was like a sister to her since the moment they met, she hoped she didn't regret anything. "Right, here we go...." Julia muttered bringing her hands out forward laying them flat against each other before forcing the darkhold to take it's place floating in front of her.

Max eyes widen slowly spinning around in awe at the scene, the dark maroon spreading around the entire forest, changing the setting. Max turned back noticing the book floating. "The darkhold." She breaths out.

Julia furrows dropping her hands, not understanding how Max knew anything about the darkhold. "You're familiar with the darkhold?"

Max nodded. "Actually, yes, I know it's the book of the dammed." Max explained eyeing the floating book. "I read it once, they actually have a whole collection to it- Well it's just like a huge book of myths and the darkhold was there." Max stepped forward. "It changes people."

Julia hums circling around the book studying Max's body language. "Well, I haven't changed, I'm still the same person." Julia reassured her, flipping through the book casually. "This book showed me many things like the future and..."

Max raised her eyebrows dropping her arms down to her sides, she took sudden interest in Julia's pause. "And what?"

"I visited people who have died on us, like Barb." Julia mentions smiling softly. "And Bob. He's very happy." Julia smiles mumbles beneath her breath.