xlvii. my letter to you

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴// forty seven• 𝗆𝗒 𝗅𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴
// forty seven
• 𝗆𝗒 𝗅𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎

Time has gone by since Robin and Nancy left them, Julia and Steve both sat together on the couch between Lucas and Dustin, they stared at the back of Max's head, worried if they looked away for a second she will disappear.

"I know you guys are staring at me." Max spoke looking off to the side, feeling their eyes on her.

"What, sorry?"

"You said you needed something?"

"Just handing out."

Julia muffled a laugh at their responses, watching as they picked up random things off the table. "How do you think your eyes boring into the back of my head is protecting me from Vecna, I don't know." Max exhaled gathering all the envelopes before standing up.

Julia smiled softly up at the girl as she stood in front of them, Max smile back but it slowly faded seeing what the three others boys were doing, refusing to look at her. "You can look at me now."

"Thank you, sorry." Dustin placed down the comic book, and they all turned their attention back to the red head standing before them.

"Sorry." Max exhaled taking a envelope and passed it to Dustin. "For you." The boy didn't hesitate and took it into his hands. She moved on to Steve passing him the envelope. "For you."

"And, uh, you." Max stared down at the other red head, Julia stared into her blue eyes taking the envelope from her, Max sighs quietly passing the last one to Lucas. "Oh, and give these to Mike, El, and Will." Max passed three more into Julia's hands. "If you ever go back."

The three boys began to open the sealed envelopes, when Max quickly stopped them. "Hey! What are you doing? No, don't. That's not for now. Don't open it now."

"Don't- okay." Dustin holding the brown envelope up to his eye level. "Sorry, what is this?"

"It's, um... it's a fail-safe." Max stared down at the envelope in her hand. "For after. If things don't work out." Julia furrowed up at her, she couldn't believe the words coming out her mouth.

"Wait, whoa." Lucas spoke up, "Max, things are gonna work out."

"No!" Max stopped him. "No, I don't need you to reassure me and tell me it's all gonna work out. Because- people have been telling me that my entire life and it's almost never true. It's never true."

Max exhaled, Steve stared up at her seeing a glimpse of Julia when they were much younger, Julia knew she had to do something, anything. "I mean, of course this asshole curse me. Should've seen that one coming."