xlvi. ruth

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴// forty six• 𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗁

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴
// forty six
• 𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗁

Julia sat in Mike's Wheeler's basement, she didn't realize how many memories she had in the Wheeler household until she arrived getting a sudden rush of deja vu of every memory she had with the Party when they were younger kids.

"Okay, be honest. Uh... you guys understand any of this?" Steve says pacing back and forth across the three seated on the small couch.

"No." Lucas says not removing his eyes off the paper when.

"Pretty straightforward." Dustin comments.

"Oh, straightforward, really?" Steve scoffed, hands on his hip peering down at the curly haired boy. "Well, what's confusing to you?" Dustin asked him, actually curious. "So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him."

"That's assuming he was cursed, which we don't even know." Steve says, Julia looked past him over at Max, she's been dying to look inside her head but for some reason wasn't able to.

"How can Vecna have existed in the '50s? It doesn't make sense." Steve mumbles rubbing his forehead.

"Far as we know, Eleven didn't creat the upside down. She opened a gate to it." Julia turned her attention back to Dustin. "The upside down had probably been around for thousands of years. Millions. I wouldn't be surprised if it predates dinosaurs."

"Dinosaurs? What are we-" Steve waved his arms, feeling like their conversation went completely south.

"Okay, okay." Lucas interrupted. "But if a gate didn't exist in the '50s how did Vecna get through?"

"How's he getting through now?" Steve points back at him. "And why now?" Lucas adds.

"And why then? Just pops in the '50s, kills one family and he's like, I'm good and poof, he just disappears. Just... gone?" Steve exclaimed smacking the paper. "Only to return 30 years later and start killing random teens? No, I don't buy it."

"Straightforward, my ass." Steve muttered, looking up from the sheet. "Honestly, Henderson, a little humility now and then, it wouldn't hurt you."

"Sorry." Dustin mumbles tearing his gaze away from Steve over to Julia, as Steve sat on the chair across from them. "Holy shit, I just remembered." Dustin says interrupting the silence. "The Mind Flayer was afraid of Julia, so- maybe Vecna will also be afraid of her and it will be easier to kill."