Part Part 28- Stay Strong

Without thinking, I sped into the school after him. He darted around the groups of people and down the hall. I followed not far behind him with my skateboard tucked under my arm as so not to knock anyone over. I was glad I left my backpack at school the day before due to having no homework. He looked behind himself quickly and continued running.

         He turned left then right and ran to the end of the art hall and straight towards the doors. He apparently assumed he could’ve run right out but they were locked so he ended up smacking right into them.

         It seemed to have no effect on him as his mind was on what I said. He turned around, his back pressed up against the door, “Leave me the hell alone!” He yelled, very upset.

         “I didn’t mean it Toby!” I yelled back, trying harder than ever to the hold in the tears. ‘Don’t cry now, you have to stay strong.’

         “Of course you did!” he shouted, “Who the hell would say something like that if they didn’t mean it?!”

         “Someone who was being blackmailed!” I replied loudly.

         Toby’s face softened a little but still held an angry expression, “I don’t believe you.”

         I then realized yelling was getting me nowhere and the only way to make Toby believe me would be by speaking calmly about the situation. “Look Toby,” I voiced tenderly, “do you remember how I reacted when you started to sing?” I paused for a second to wait for his answer. I watched him look at the ground as a sad expression took over the angry one. “Well do you?” I asked again.

         Toby nodded.

         “So think about this…why would I fake a reaction like that? How would I fake it? But most importantly, do you really believe it was faked?” He didn’t answer, he just kept staring at the floor. I sighed, “I’ll leave you to your thoughts.” I said as I turned around and began to walk back down the hall.

         It wasn’t until that moment that I became aware of about 30 pairs of eyes on me, including a couple teachers. ‘Hold in the tears, you can do it. Just don’t make eye contact and don’t look back.’ The hall also became dead silent while everyone watched my every move with intent gazes.

         I walked at a swift pace to get out of the danger zone, but as I turned the corner, loud voices immediately filled my ears. I let out a sigh of relief as no one in this hall had witnessed what happened. But then everyone stopped talking and stared at me, ‘Oh right, they saw me chasing Toby…shit.’

         I only made it halfway down that hall when someone grabbed my wrist and spun me around. Toby. I stared into his eyes which were filled with many emotions. I waited only a few seconds before he spoke quietly, “I believe you.”

         I wanted to say something back but the words just wouldn’t form anywhere but in my mind. ‘He believes me, he really does. But what about Diamond? Will she tell Toby what Riley told her?’

         Toby and I stood there in silence for a few seconds along with the rest of the hall. No one spoke, no one moved. Then the bell rang. ‘Saved by the bell.’…or so I thought.

         “Come with me, just for a minute. I promise you won’t be late for class.”

         I had no choice but to follow him because I wasn’t in control of my feet at the moment. He pulled me along while everyone else continued watching. Toby led me to the auto shop, which had no people in it first period.

         Toby took my skateboard and placed it on the floor beside us. Then the door closed behind me and as soon as it did, he pushed me against it gently. He took both my hands in his and his face was just inches from mine, “You wanna tell me what happened?”

         I was so speechless, I just couldn’t reply. It felt just like last night before Riley ruined the thrilling sensation derived from being oh so close to Toby. I stared into his dark brown eyes as he stared back into mine. I began thinking how amazing it would feel to kiss him as my eyes subconsciously made their way to his slightly parted lips.

--------------------

Guess I forgot to update *Nervous laughter* Oops...Well I was on March break and I always remember to update on the last day of school of the week (Friday).

Do you think Toby is going to fully believe Rowan? :)

Please please comment/vote! Thank you for reading! <3