Part 32- Smart-Ass

Wes despised sluts more than I did by cause of the fact they were all attracted to him. He was a bad boy with style and what girl can resist that? Everyone thought Wes was with a new girl everyday because he was always seen walking around with different tramps, never the same one. Tho I knew the truth; he was always trying to shoo them away. Wes may have been a bad boy, but he wasn't a manwhore.

         He then leaned in to say something to Celeste but I could hear every word he spoke. "Listen here you little whore. You've slept with almost every one of my friends, so if you think I'm gonna defend you in any way, you're so damn wrong."

         I bit my lip to avoid smiling and barely succeeded. I had always assumed Wes hated me but I guess he hated her more!

         Wes smirked at me and I couldn't help but smile. He put his hand on my back and as soon as he did, Celeste crossed her arms and put on a pouty face.

         "Why the hell do you favor her?" She snarled.

         "Cuz she's not a tramp. Did I not just explain this?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows and pretending to think.

         "How do you know? No one knows anything about her, she could be a secret whore."

         "No." stated Wes.

         "But if..." Celeste began and he cut her off.

         "No."

         From then on, no one spoke another word.

         We reached the principal's office and were greeted with the bitch herself, standing behind her desk with her arms crossed. I had assumed the art teacher called the office to inform them we were coming down. The bitch gestured for Celeste and I to take a seat in the two, uncomfortable-looking chairs in front of her desk before taking a seat herself.

         "Wesley, you can leave now." She told him.

         "I know I can, but I don't want to."

         She sighed and allowed him to stay. Wes just leaned against the wall, not too far from us.

         "So what exactly happened?"

         Just as Celeste and I were both about to speak up, Wes took over, "Celeste was being a bitch."

         "Wesley! Language!" She said loudly.

         "I believe that was English." He declared.

         I looked to Wes and he grinned widely at me, he must've been proud of the sarcasm and dramaticism that was flowing like an undammed river from his mouth. I tried to conceal a smile but easily failed.

         "Okay, time for you to leave." The bitch said, getting up and walking to the door. She opened it for him but he didn't budge.

         "Actually the time is 2:08." He said, looking at the clock on the wall.

         "Wesley DeLuca! Stop being a smart-ass!" Exclaimed the bitch.

         "That's a bad word." Said Wes, pretending to be offended.

         "Well watch your mouth or I'm going to have to call your parents!"

         "Go ahead, like I'm scared of my parents." He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

         She then turned to Celeste and I, "You girls leave, I have a new issue to deal with."

         We then quickly rushed out of her office before she could change her mind. I glanced over to Wes just prior to exiting and he winked at me. I felt my heart flutter a bit as I thought to myself, 'He didn't want me to get in trouble! He had this planned since the fight started! But why? I'm aware he hates Celeste but that doesn't mean he had to sacrifice himself for me. Could it be that gaining Toby's trust meant gaining the trust of his friends, or at least Wes'? Or maybe, just maybe...Wes could like...no. No way." I pushed the last thought away but couldn't fully get it out of my head.

         Celeste walked way faster than I to get to class first (probably to tell everyone HER version of the story). Tho little did she know, I didn't plan on returning to class. I instead sat down on a bench in the intersection of 3 halls and zoned out, looking through social media.

         It felt like 5 minutes had passed but it was actually a little less than 20 when someone interrupted me. I looked to the right to see the person who had sat next to me was none other than Toby.

         "Hey." He said simply.

         "Hey." I replied.

         I wasn't sure what to do with my phone, 'Do I keep scrolling and make it seem like we're just casually sitting here? Or do I turn it off, acknowledge the fact he left class to be here, and show him he has my full attention? It may scare him if I do that, but what if he's insulted by me ignoring him and thinks I'm just brushing him off?'

         I decided to turn off my phone and just as I did, Toby spoke, "Whaddaya say we ditch and go to Starbucks?"

———————————

Getting in fights? Sent to the office? Ditching? Toby, you are so corrupting sweet little Rowan!

What do you think is to come of Rowan and Toby's relationship next?

Please please please comment/vote! Thank youuuu :)