Part 10- Misconduct

Thank you to CallMeVia for commenting on the last part :) This part is dedicated to you for doing so!

-------------------------

         I arrived at school only 5 minutes before the class bell was to ring, not the warning bell, but the actual class bell.

         I had my typical fight with my locker, but I still wasn’t late make to class. In fact, I made it a minute after the bell rang so I walked into the class and quickly got to my seat.

         After the announcements, I was just waiting patiently for Mr. Thompson to bring me into the hall and ask why I was late. He was very polite when it came to asking his students personal questions; he wouldn’t ask in front of the class. Soon enough, he did ask me to come with him.

         “So what happened? You’re never late.” He asked me.

         “Well, my brother’s friend spent the night at my house and this morning we had an argument. Then by the end of it, I missed the bus and had to walk to school.”

         “That sounds a little prepared.” Said Mr. Thompson.

         “It’s prepared but it’s true.” I told him. I wasn’t lying; I had actually been going through all the possible ways to explain my tardiness while not listening to the announcements.

         “Alright, I believe you Rowan. And I’m not going to mark you late because you were only a minute after the bell.”

         “Thanks.” I said simply.

         I walked into the classroom and to my seat and to my seat once again, hoping the entire time Toby wouldn’t talk to me. That hope of course got crushed as soon as I sat down when he turned towards me, “So why was miss goody-two-shoes late?”

         “I’m not a goody-two-shoes dumbfuck.” I hissed back at him.

         “Don’t have to be a bitch about it.” He mumbled quietly but loud enough so I could hear.

         I wanted to fire some devilishly clever sarcastic comment back but had no desire to talk to him so I just settled into my seat and stuck my headphones in my ears. I also had no desire to listen to Mr. Thompson; I was just overall too annoyed by Riley and Eric.

         I sure didn’t have a better time in shop class with Joel and Eliot. While I was using the table saw with no anti-kickback mechanism (because the other one was in use) and guiding the board carefully, Joel came up behind me. I had no clue he was there until he placed his hands on my shoulders. I jumped and let go of the board, which shot backwards and all the way to the other side of the shop. I gasped and kicked the off button with my foot. I then ripped myself away from Joel’s grip and ran to get the board.

         I had hoped no one saw anything but the loud noise of the wood hitting the wall opposite from the saw caused everyone to look up.

         Joel had walked up right behind me once again just before I heard Mr. Dietrich’s booming voice, “ROWAN! One more screw up like that and you’ll be banned from any machines!”

         “Aw that’s too bad.” Joel said sarcastically as he stuck his bottom lip out and began pretending to pout. I was about to explode. Burst. Detonate. ERUPT. I turned to face Joel and didn’t give one single fuck about who was watching me. I looked him straight in the eyes, raised my hand, and slapped him across the face as hard as I could.

         “LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE! I’M SO TIRED OF YOU!” I screamed at him. Next I spun around, walked over to my books, gathered them all up, put my safety glasses on the shelf, and just simply walked out. I left everyone with their jaws on the floor and eyes wide open. 

         ‘I’m so in trouble.’ I thought to myself as I walked to the grade 11 hall on the other side of the school.

         Just as I reached my locker, I heard the beep of the announcements and the annoying secretary’s voice, “Could the following students please come to the office, Rowan Haywood and Joel Rossi, Rowan Haywood and Joel Rossi. Thank you.”

         I took my time opening my locker, throwing my stuff in, and closing it. I paused a minute before my next move…I balled my hand into a fist and punched my locker door. It hurt like hell but at least it discharged some of my anger before having to talk to the principal. I actually had a reputation for mouthing off to staff members so I thought that would lessen my frustration and lower the chances of me being an uncontrollable bitch.

         “Rowan Haywood to the office please, Rowan.”

         “Yeah, yeah, I’m coming, shut your loud-ass mouth.” I mumbled to no one as I began the short walk to the front office.

-------------------------

Uh oh...whaddaya think the principal will have to say about this?

Who do you think will get in more trouble: Joel or Rowan?

Thanks for reading/voting/commenting :D