Part 18- Oh Balls

“Hey.” Toby said with a smile.

         “Uh, hi.” I replied nervously. I tried to act as tho nothing was different but I felt like fainting. ‘Did Toby really ask me out? Or did I daydream it?’

         He leaned against the shelf beside me and continued to speak, “So how’s it going Ms. Uptight?”

         ‘Crap.’ I opened my mouth but nothing came out for a second, “I’m not, uh, uptight.” Well the stuttering wasn’t exactly fooling him into thinking I wasn’t terrified. Also the fact I felt like I was about to projectile vomit directly onto him wasn’t exactly making it easy to talk to him.

         I never thought I could like our art teacher until she spoke up, “Alright, I have the new seating plan for the week. I’ll read out your names and you will go sit down as usual.” We both looked over to her as she began reading the names. I let out the breath I didn’t even know I was holding in when Toby started paying attention to her rather than me.

         “Table one,” she said loudly, “Emma, Lauren, Madison, Marshall, and Charles.”

         “Table two- Ross, Celeste, Rowan,”

         ‘Oh…shit.’ I still DID NOT want to sit with Toby. Wes and Kristoff wouldn’t have been too bad because they didn’t talk to me all that much. Then it happened…

         “Kristoff,”

         ‘Oh balls.’

         “Wes,”

         ‘WHAT?! Oh balls!’

         “and Toby.”

         ‘ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! FUCKING BALLS!’ And back to hating the teacher.

         I walked over to the table and hesitantly took a seat on a stool next to Celeste. I hated her with a passion but it was either next to her or Ross. I was hoping that Toby wouldn’t choose the seat next to me but I just knew he was going to. He had been hardly two inches away from me since I started walking to the table.

         I took out my sketchbook and phone so I could continue my drawing I began earlier and avoid talking to anyone. The entire time I felt Toby watching me over my shoulder tho he wasn’t bothering me yet. YET.

         When the teacher finished assigning tables and the bell had rang, she told us what we were to work on for the day. She told us we were watching a couple short videos on Roman and Greek art history with a quiz at the end to make sure we were paying attention. Ugh. Of course I didn’t pay attention and continued to draw.

         I hadn’t communicated with anyone at the table until about 15 minutes into the class. I looked at the picture on my phone and realized I had made one line a little long so I placed my pencil on the table and picked up my eraser. I erased the line, put my eraser down, and went to pick up my pencil when Celeste elbowed it off the table.

         “Sorry.” She said, obviously insincerely, when I looked up at her.

         I bent down to pick it up but when I sat up straight and looked down at my drawing, there was a folded a piece of paper on it. I glanced towards Celeste and she was watching the screen, then at Toby on my other side and he was sleeping. So I picked up the note and unfolded it. Before I read the paragraph that was written on the small note, I checked the name at the bottom, “-Celeste” ‘Of course.’

---------------------

What do you think Celeste wrote? ...That little bitch...

Please comment/vote! Love it when you guys do!! :D