Part 7- Don't Blush

I was incredibly nervous, ‘What could HE possibly want from ME?’

         “So…” Joel began and paused, “I’m not sure how to come about this…”

         I really had no clue what he was gonna say, my mind wanted to guess but there was really nothing to base a guess on.

         “Alright, I’m just gonna say it…I wanna go on a date with you.”

         I continued walking but gave him a confused look, “You’re joking.”

         “No, I’m not.” He said to me.

         “Uh, yeah, you are.” I was hoping with everything in me that my face wouldn’t go red.

         Joel stood in front of me and blocked my way, “Look Rowan, why do you think I found out where you were going? Why do you think I’m not with my friends right now? Why do you think I wanted to talk to you alone?”

         “I dunno.” I said quietly as I looked at the ground.

         “So how about it? Will you go on a date with me?” He asked, looking me straight in the eyes once I finally raised my head up. I couldn’t look back at him because I knew I would blush.

         “Ok.” I said flatly and he smiled.

         “Awesome, meet me at the park at 7 tonight.” He stated before running back the way we came from.

         I walked a little farther into the forest until I came to a river. I sat down on the bank and opened my sketchbook to a fresh page. I started drawing and thinking about Joel. I just couldn’t wrap my head around what had just happened.

         Drafting and art went by without much excitement. The drafting teacher talked the entire time so we didn’t even get to work on our 3D building design projects. Then all we did in art was perspective drawings.

         By the time 6:30 rolled around, I decided to start getting ready. I was still skeptical about whether this was a joke or not. I re-straightened my hair because it had started to curl up at school and I decided not to change my outfit. I was wearing a black t-shirt, pink shorts with a small fringe at the bottom, pink and black, Adidas high tops, a couple black bracelets, my silver ring, a silver, choker necklace with a lightning bolt charm, and a black, Adidas beanie (photo on the side).

--------------------------

Do you think Joel is up to something? Or is he really interested in Rowan?

Please please comment! :)