Part 1- My Average School Morning

It was a warm, October day in Orlando but of course we had to be locked up in school all day. Ugh.

         I walked through the double doors and kept my head down as I walked past the group of popular students that ALWAYS seem to be in everyone’s way. That day I somehow managed to weave around them. I then continued walking straight down the narrow hall until I reached my locker.

         I had received one of the smaller lockers, which really sucked. My backpack hardly fit and I had a fight to get it in and out every day. I looked down at my lock and began spinning it to the three combination numbers. 15. 32…’Dammit, what’s the last number?’ That happened on a daily basis as well. I just tried using 15 again and it worked. My lock was pretty reasonable, if you got close enough to the number, it would just give up and open. I took it off, opened the door, and hung my lock on it. I tried to get my backpack into my locker but it got caught on the edge. At that point I had stuffed my bag in enough that it was just kind of floating there. So I unzipped it, took out my binder, threw it on the ground, and stuffed the rest of my backpack into my locker. I threw my binder in after and went to grab my lock off my door…but I couldn’t.

         “What the…” I began before realizing someone had locked it onto the door. I looked behind it to see a girl standing there; my locker neighbour, Scarlett.

         I glared at her and she laughed at me, “Sorry, you know I can’t help myself.”

         I smiled, rolled my eyes, and began to put in the combination again, ‘Oh yeah! The last number is 16!’

         Scarlett had dark brown hair that was always straight as a board with cross bangs that stopped just below her eyebrows. She had big, hazel eyes and thin lips that always held a smile. She wore a lot of makeup but in my opinion, she never needed any. (Cartoon on the side). She and I were friends but I really had very few. Scarlett was nice to everyone tho; I envied how she could always be so positive without fail.

         I wasn’t always the nicest 11th grader in the world but I could be if people actually gave me a chance. I pushed people away due to being hurt by a friend and never being able to fully recover from it…but that’s a story that would be best saved for later.

         By the way, my name is Rowan.

--------------------

So what did you think of the first chapter?

Lemme know in the comments! And maybe you could vote too? :P