𝐢. 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐮𝐲, 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

August 2020

𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄'𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄. After a long day working at her job, she needed a good nap, like a nap that she never woke from. That was like a dream, sleeping with peacefulness, and never waking up, not waking up to this hateful world. Her ears got the attention of the Green Home's guard, who was cutting the grass with a rake (which wasn't his job). Ho Seo-Yun sighed, already preparing to give him a scolding, but her attention went to the flying spike that came out of the rake. Seo-Yun acted fast, quickly grabbing the flying spike, before it came close to a new person to her.

"What have I told you?" Seo-Yun asked angrily at the Security Guard as her hand started bleeding, but Seo-Yun didn't look at it, she knew she'll feel disgusted by it. "I told you not to cut the grass, you're bad at it." Seo-Yun scolded him as the Security Guard, uncomfortably, adjusted his hat. Seo-Yun looked down at her hand, cringing softly at her bloody hand. God, this blood sure reminded her of many things. Her attention went to the Security Guard, who walked closer to her with an uncomfortable and embarrassing aura.

"I don't know how that flew over there, Ms. Seo-Yun." The Security Guard tried to defend himself, as Seo-Yun still had the spike in her bleeding hand, being observed by the guy next to her, who was a bit worried about her bleeding hand, while Seo-Yun didn't look concerned about it, or not showing it. Why did she save him? She could have gotten painfully hurt, why did she sacrifice her hand for a stranger? "I'm sorry. But you know this isn't my job, but no one else could work this weekend." The Security Guard said. Seo-Yun sighed before she placed the spike where it was, half of it covered in blood. It was true, she had to work early and late shifts this weekend, coming back so tired to cut grass, but, God, the residents of Green Home sure are inconsiderate.

"I'll do it," Seo-Yun said, ripping off the rake out of the Security Guard's hands.

"No, Seo-Yun, you don't ⎯" The Security Guard said, trying for the girl to not do his supposed work, she did have a bleeding hand.

"I'm not suggesting it, I'm doing it," Seo-Yun said, cutting off the Security Guard while glaring at him. The Security Guard looked, uncomfortably, at Seo-Yun, before nodding and bending down, as a form of gratitude.

"Thank you, Ms. Seo-Yun!" He exclaimed before he stepped inside the building. Seo-Yun sighed, feeling sorrow for the working Security Guard. Seo-Yun smoothly grabbed a bandage from her uniform's pockets. You might ask, why does she have bandages on her? Well, you never know when you can be in between a fight in the cafeteria, but Seo-Yun was always prepared.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄'𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐔𝐏 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐔𝐏 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄, 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋. Oh, shit was going to go down. But Ho Seo-Yun's eyes widened when a boy threw a punch, she thought it was going to just talk. "Hey! Hey!" Seo-Yun yelled, getting in between the fight, and thanks to that, Seo-Yun felt a pain in her whole cheek. Seo-Yun's lips were bleeding, and her cheek had a tint of blood. "Get out!" Seo-Yun yelled, cleaning off the blood from her lips.