𝐯𝐢. 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝?

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇, 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐒, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋, 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐒. Ho Seo-Yun put the knife on the counter before she unlocked the locks that were on the door, opening it almost immediately, meeting with a sweaty Cha Hyun-Soo, who was trying to catch his breath.

"Oh, my God, Hyun —" Seo-Yun didn't even finish her sentence as she got pulled into a hug. Seo-Yun's eyes widened as she felt Hyun-Soo's arms wrap around her shoulders, hearing the door close as well as a relieved sigh from Hyun-Soo.

"Are you crazy?!" Hyun-Soo exclaimed, anger obvious in his tone as he pulled away from the hug, his hands gripping on Seo-Yun's shoulders. Seo-Yun's eyes widened as she gulped. Hyun-Soo frowned, not knowing why she got flustered all of a sudden until he noticed the distance between them, the close distance between them. Hyun-Soo created a much further distance between them, clearing his throat as he looked away, scratching the back of his neck.

"C — Crazy?! Someone had to be a brave one!" Seo-Yun changed the subject, ignoring the heat on her cheeks as she answered to Hyun-Soo's scolding. "I bet if you were a climber, you would take the chance too!" Seo-Yun exclaimed, shrugging as her eyes were still widened.

"It was something pretty selfless, but you shouldn't have done that either way!" Hyun-Soo scolded back, looking into her gaze.

"I just took the chance, Hyun! The kids needed someone! They... They saw their dad die, right in front of them." Seo-Yun whispered the last part, fearing that the kids in the closet could hear it. Hyun-Soo gulped, seeing how Seo-Yun's voice cracked slightly. Seo-Yun did mention she saw her mother dead, and then she killed her father right in her face.

"Uh — Then — I'm just glad you're okay!" Hyun-Soo finished off, he knew that if he continued the argument, it wasn't going to end, and even if it did, he wasn't going to win it. Seo-Yun had much more good arguments than he had.

"I miss you too, Hyun," Seo-Yun said, smiling softly at the flustered boy, who looked away from her. It was pretty obvious, who the hell would go on a suicide mission just for her and the kids? Hyun-Soo felt lonely, he was a loner until Seo-Yun came into his window, or rather, saved him from a flying rake.

"Who said I missed you?" Hyun-Soo asked with a raised eyebrow, meeting Seo-Yun's gaze, she frowned, feeling completely offended at Hyun-Soo's statement.

"You ass —!"

"Ms. Seo-Yun?" Seo-Yun was cut off by the curse as she looked at the kids that came out of the closet, both of them in each other's arms as they looked at Hyun-Soo. "Who's him?" The girl asked, protecting her brother with her own body.

"Oh, he's Hyun-Soo! My friend!"

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐏𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑. At first, she was scared that maybe the monster would see it and come their way, but now that she had a bat with a gear, she was more confident.

"Sir." The little boy called for Cha Hyun-Soo, his voice could still be heard cracking, which still broke Ho Seo-Yun's heart. "Please save our dad, Ms. Seo-Yun said that you would help our dad." The little boy cried out, tears rolling down his cheeks.