𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

"𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒, 𝐒𝐄𝐎-𝐘𝐔𝐍?" Ho Seo-Yun's mother, Ho Shyla, asked her daughter that had a lot of wounds all across her body just because she fought, but at least she won. Seo-Yun lowered her head, tears wetting her lap.

"I — I'm sorry, eomeoni..." A 10-year-old Seo-Yun muttered, feeling bad for worrying her mother, who smiled softly, before cleaning her daughter's tears.

"Come on, pretty girls don't cry."

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒, 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊. Ho Seo-Yun frowned at the sudden light, shifting uncomfortably to her sides, catching Cha Hyun-Soo's attention that sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for the girl to wake up.

"What are you doing?" Seo-Yun asked, smiling when she saw Hyun-Soo with one piece, his neck wound looking like it never happened, she guessed it healed by itself. Hyun-Soo smiled softly, scooting himself closer to Seo-Yun, who closed her eyes, again.

"Seeing a pretty girl woke up," Hyun-Soo said, smiling at Seo-Yun's half-asleep form, seeing how she opened her eyes, looking at Hyun-Soo with half-opened eyes.

"Eun-Yoo is here?" Seo-Yun asked, raising an eyebrow as her eyes wandered to the room, seeing that no one was there except them.

"I was talking about you," Hyun-Soo said, shrugging while chuckling at Seo-Yun's assumption. Seo-Yun smiled softly, before her eyes widened, quickly sitting up, startling Hyun-Soo.

"You were talking about me?" Seo-Yun asked, frowning as she looked at Hyun-Soo, whose cheeks were decorated with a pink heart, chuckling.

"Have you seen yourself in a mirror?" Hyun-Soo asked, scratching his neck as he looked away from Seo-Yun, who looked away as well, blood going to her cheeks.

"W — Who cured us?" Seo-Yun asked, now taking notice of the bandage that was on her cheek through her neck and another one on her arm.

"Yoo-Ri," Hyun-Soo answered, looking at how Seo-Yun traced the bandage with her fingers.

"Yoo-Ri?"

"You know, the girl that worked with the elder," Hyun-Soo said like it was something obvious.

"Her name was Yoo-Ri?" Hyun-Soo nodded his head, frowning. "Why didn't I know that before?" Seo-Yun questioned herself, staring at the sheets of the bed. Hyun-Soo chuckled, before standing up. "Where are you going?"

"Jae-Heon told me to tell the others when you woke up, mostly him, but you didn't hear that from me." Seo-Yun chuckled, earning a smile from Hyun-Soo before he disappeared.

Seo-Yun stared blankly at a wall, her fingers touching a wound that was on her knees, a little scratch that she had on her knees, remembering how her mother treat it as if she has been murdered other than the cut scratch, her eye injury was worst. Seo-Yun chuckled, thinking that if her mother was alive, she would probably be freaked out by the big wound that was through her cheek and neck.

"Oh, my God, Seo-Yun!" Seo-Yun's fingers left the scratch on her knee, looking over at Jung Jae-Heon, who was quick to bring her into a hug. "I thought you died," Jae-Heon said, pulling away as his hands had a grip on her shoulders. "Thank God, you're alive." Seo-Yun smiled lazily, Jae-Heon's hands leaving her shoulders as he stood up straight. "Everyone was worried for you; they'll be glad to know that you aren't dead," Jae-Heon said, smiling, Seo-Yun smiled softly, feeling quite happy that another person could worry about her so much. "Oh, and please, eat something, I think if you go there, food would still be there," Jae-Heon said, turning towards Hyun-Soo, patting his shoulder, before leaving the teenagers.

Seo-Yun chuckled. Now, she thought that Jae-Heon sounded like her mother. Was that a good thing? He could die any second... and thinking that Jae-Heon is like a father figure is just going to bring her more pain. Seo-Yun stood up trying to forget her depressing thoughts, smiling softly at Hyun-Soo, before passing by him and going to where the noises were mostly heard, Hyun-Soo following behind.

Seo-Yun got to the room and saw many people sharing tables to eat, laughing, and just enjoying what could be their last moments, while some black-haired lady served the food, smiling at the residents until her eyes landed on Seo-Yun and Hyun-Soo, who stood there in front of her. Seo-Yun grabbed a plate, the lady smiling kindly at her, before serving whatever food they were serving. Seo-Yun didn't bother to check if the tables were where she could sit, instead, she went outside, sitting on some wooden thing.

"Are you going to sit or you're just going to admire me? I know I'm pretty, but you could at least dissimulate a bit." Seo-Yun said, raising an eyebrow, seeing how Hyun-Soo and Pyeon Sang-Wook stood there, deciding on sitting there or not. Hyun-Soo rolled his eyes, flipping Seo-Yun, who smiled sarcastically at his middle finger. But, before either of them could answer, the elder man pushed them, sitting on the wooden looking-bed with Seo-Yun. Hyun-Soo and Sang-Wook looked like they were going to leave them, but the elder man stopped them.

"Do you have anywhere else to go?" Hyun-Soo and Sang-Wook stopped in their tracks, slowly turning towards the elder man, who looked uncomfortable by their looks. "Sit down. You're distracting me." Sang-Wook and Hyun-Soo shared a look, before deciding to finally sit down.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐏𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍, 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐋𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐃. Seo-Yun just lost her appetite, and she just ate one thing out of it. Seo-Yun looked uncomfortably at the elder, looking pretty full. Seo-Yun shared a look with Cha Hyun-Soo, who was sitting beside her, and by his eyes, Seo-Yun could notice that he felt disgusted too.

"That was a nice meal." Seo-Yun gave the elder an awkward smile, still feeling pretty uncomfortable. Seo-Yun cringed when the men burped, looking down at her food as the men started between the three. "What's wrong with you three?" The elder asks, seeing how Seo-Yun nor Sang-Wook has finished their meal, while Hyun-Soo ate very slowly. "Everyone's uncomfortable around you two. Be comfortable alone or with each other's company at least." The elder man said, scolding the two teenagers that had their heads down. "Don't just sit there frowning with that scary scarred face. You're making me lose my appetite." Seo-Yun shot her head, looking annoyedly at the elder.

"Really? I lose my appetite with your fucking slur —!" Seo-Yun was going to snap at the elder, but a hand was placed on her mouth, cutting her off. Seo-Yun glared at Hyun-Soo, who shook his head, don't say it. Seo-Yun huffed, before biting Hyun-Soo's hand, his hand moving away from her mouth with a complaint.

"Either way, why do you two have those scars on your arms?" The elder asked, interrupting the argument, as he looked over at the scars of Hyun-Soo and Seo-Yun, who quickly hid them with the sleeve of their jackets. "I can't back down from a challenge." The elder said, before pulling his shirt up, showing off the big wound he had on his stomach. "What do you think? Do I scare you?" The elder joked, looking down at his wound, and sighing, before pulling the shirt down. "There wasn't a single healthy organ inside my body. The stupid doctor told me I couldn't even last six months. I made him look like a quack by living until this age." The elder said, laughing as he mocked the stupid doctor. "Should I tell you my secret?" The elder asked, looking between the three that looked uncomfortable by his story. "My secret is eating well, you punk. Just gobble up your food! We're all struggling to eat and survive, you know."

Seo-Yun sighed, before grabbing her plate, "gobbling" up the food, doing as the elder's words said.