Business Trip

———————————-
My uncle has been doing therapy sessions everyday with me. I felt happy finally having someone to just spill out my feelings too. Even though it was really awkward, it helped me a lot.

I sighed and looked at my door. It was 6 pm on a Friday night. My brothers said they had a meeting to go to and they'd be back tomorrow at 10 am. I was a bit sad that I couldn't spend some time with them, but this means I can do things I can never do.

A small smirk reached my face and I got out of bed. Maybe I can finally explore the 3rd floor that I was forbidden to go to. I knew maybe it would break their trust, but I couldn't help it.

As I tip toed out of my room I heard my uncle downstairs making popcorn. I gulped and made my way up to the 3rd floor. I wanted to know what my brothers were keeping as a secret from me. The suspense was killing me.

The hallway was dark and eerie. I bit my lower lip and walked into the first room I could find. That was a bad choice though. The room was tiny, with a chair in my middle, it was filled with various weapons such as guns, knives, needles, hammers, tons of things. Dried blood was splattered on the walls and floors, showing that someone was hurt her. My eyes were wide open and I stepped back before running back to my room on the second floor. Seeing that was so scary.

I was in shock, my brothers were very caring, so why was there such a brutal, disturbing room upstairs. Tears filled my eyes and I jumped on my bed trying to get rid of the thought. Would they kill me too...maybe they were waiting for the right time. Maybe I'm not their sister and they're just murderers kidnapping people.

I groaned and hugged my big teddy bear that was laying on my bed. I decided it was best to go to sleep I could avoid the terrible image that was burned into my eyes.

Nightmare
I was standing in the room, staring at the blood stained chair and floor. The sight made me want to vomit. Suddenly the door opened and my abuser walked in.

"You see sweetheart, your brothers are just like me." He said with a grin on his face as he whipped a belt onto the floor. The sickening sound of the crack made me shiver.

"No no no!"

He pushed me in the bloody chair and I screamed, thrashing around with tons of force. I had to get away.

"Stop stop get away!" I sobbed and my head began to hurt,

Suddenly I felt someone shaking me lightly. I woke up gasping trying to catch my breath. Some strands of my hair stuck to my sweaty face. I looked up and saw my uncle, Matthew standing by my bed.

I sighed and looked down, "I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Bella...did something trigger this, you told me you haven't had a nightmare in awhile" he asked me and I looked away.

"I..I went upstairs.." I whispered, kind of hoping he didn't hear what I said.

"Bella what did you see??" He asked worriedly but a bit of anger in his voice.

"I saw weapons..and and blood." I clutched the sheets and closed my eyes, taking deep breaths.

Matthew took out his phone and quickly left the room which I assumed was so he could talk to my oldest brother.

I got up and put my ear against the door. I knew I shouldn't be ease dropping, but I had to know what he was saying.

"Matteo, Bella went upstairs and saw everything." He said and I heard Matteo on the phone.

"What! Were you even watching her?!" Matteo yelled through the phone.

I got scared and quickly ran back to my bed acting like I wasn't just eavesdropping.

A few minutes later Matthew walked in a bit angry.

"Matteo is coming home early to speak with you. He'll come home right away when his meeting is done." He said before leaving the room.

I looked down and tears rolled down my cheeks. I disobeyed one of his biggest rules. He's probably going to kick me out now I thought.

I decided it was best to go back to sleep before Matteo arrived home.

After about 2 hours I heard some car doors slam. I woke up from me sleep and then heard the front door slam. I got scared and sat in the corner. I hugged my knees and covered my face.

I heard my door slowly open and Matteo walked into my room. I saw him walk over to me and I gulped panicking.

"D..Dont hurt me I didn't mean to." I whimpered out and tears filled my eyes.

Matteo crouched down in front of me. "Bella I'm not gonna hurt you, but you disobeyed one of my rules. I'm gonna have to take your phone away as a punishment okay?" He said softly trying not to sound angry.

I sniffled and rubbed my eyes trying to get the tears away.

"Y..You guys hurt people.." I whispered and hugged my knees again.

Matteo gulped looking down at me. "Yes..but only bad people." He said and rubbed my back gently.

I let out a sigh and I leaned onto him. "Y..You promise me you aren't lying." I mumble.

"I promise." Matteo said, putting his finger under my chin and making me look up.

"You can't tell anyone about this okay?" He said and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I promise I won't.." I hummed and he gave a small smile before standing up straight.

"If you want to come join us downstairs you can." He stated softly.

He took my phone and headed downstairs with the guys.

I sighed and sat in my bed, questioning everything that has happened so far.

1010 words