Something is wrong

The car screeched a bit as Lorenzo came to a stop in our garage. I groaned and my eyes fluttered opened to see that the twins were getting out already and Lorenzo sat in the driver seat looking at me.

The look on his face made me question if he was going to tell me something, but he just couldn't. He shook his head and sighed before looking away.

I felt confused on what he wanted but he could tell me it another time, I rubbed my eyes and grabbed the things I had gotten from the park so I could head inside.

Holding all my things piled in my tiny arms, I opened the door and nudged it open. I walked in and closed the door behind me before lifting my head up to look around.

"Koda! Come here boy~" I called out and set my things down on a table so that my hands were free.

Koda cams tumbling down the stairs excitedly, his tail was wagging and his tongue was sticking out. I giggled and crouched down to greet him.

He ran over into my arms and barked as I started to pet his big fluffy head. "Are you hungry boy? I'll get you some food." I hummed and walked over to where his food bag was, scooping out a tiny bit to put in his bowl.

Koda instantly ran over and started chowing down on the kibble that sat in his silver bowl. I giggled, crouching down and patted his back before standing back up.

I sat down at the kitchen table and my heavy eyelids won as I closed my eyes for a few minutes to get rid of the wave of exhaustion.

"What are you doing?" Lorenzo asked as he walked into the kitchen, his eyes on me. I jumped a bit, getting startled from his voice that broke the silence.

My eyes opened and I sighed. "I'm just thinking, that's all.." I mumbled and stood up from the wooden chair.

Lorenzo didn't believe me but he let it pass for now. "I'll talk to you later." He said before leaving the kitchen.

I let out a puff of air, not even realizing I was holding my breath. I slowly reached my hand over to my flowers and I grabbed the empty vase that was on the counter. I filled it with water and placed my flowers gently in. I smiled at the arrangement and placed it back on the table to admire it.

I decided to start making a blueberry pie for my brothers to enjoy after dinner.

First I poured all my blueberries into a bowl and I rinsed them off with cold water. Once they were dried off I went ahead and rolled out pie dough and I placed it into a pie pan, putting it into the Owen to baked slightly.

Then I created the blueberry mixture for the filling. When that was done I took the glass pan out of the oven and and poured my filling into it, on top of the crust.
---------------

When the pie was baked and ready, I took it out of the oven and placed it on the table. It smelled delicious and I couldn't wait for everyone to try it.

I coughed a bit and cleared my throat trying to get rid of the harshness in my throat.

I soon heard the front door open and I thought it was Matteo so I peaked around the corner and I saw Dante walking in, my eyes widening. Dante's shirt was covered in blood and a bruise on his face with a few scratches.

I gasped and ran over to him worriedly, "Dante! what happened?" I said and placed my hand on his arm to stop him from walking upstairs.

Dante turned slightly and pushed me away from him. "Get away, I'm busy can't you see." He sneered.

My body jolted and I landed on the floor in shock. Dante had just pushed me on the floor for trying to help him...

His angry face softened slightly, "shit I'm sorry I didn't mean to push you like that" Dante muttered and tried to grab my arm to help me up from the cold wooden floor.

I gulped and moved away from him before standing up and running upstairs. A ball formed in my throat as I tried not to let out any pitiful sobs.

Dante went to go follow me but he held himself back not sure if it was the best idea since he had just upset me.

As I went upstairs, Koda trotted after me up the steps and into my room. As soon as I entered my room I let out quiet sobs and I picked up Koda before closing my door and locking it.

Koda licked at my tears that slid down my puffy cheeks and he whimpered.

I sniffled and laid down on my large soft bed, letting Koda go lay down. Harsh coughs erupted from my throat and I wheezed a bit, clutching my chest, not realizing the slight blood splatters on my my bedsheets.

I curled up under my blankets and wiped my tears , trying to calm down. My chest burned and I let out a few more sobs before my body shut down and my eyelids closed.

I had fallen asleep, my body trying to heal itself in my deep sleep.

--------------

The sound of someone pounding on my door echoed in my ears but I could not wake up. My eyes did not want to open and my breathing fastened and I heard voices out in the hallway.

"Find the fucking key! Hurry." I heard a voice shout out but I could not recognize who it belonged to.

Soon the door opened, the sound of it creaking echoed in the hall. I felt someone rush over to me and shake me lightly. I groaned, my eyes opening slowly.

Matteo was standing over my with a worried look plastered on his face.

My heart was fluttering and beads of sweat dripped down my forehead. Matteo placed the back of his hand on my head and his eyes widened. "You're burning up." He muttered and made Lorenzo go grab a cold wet washcloth.

My eyes closed again and Matteo stroked my cheek. "Do you feel okay? What is wrong." He asked me nervously.

My lips parted but I could not speak. My throat was parched and no words came out so I shook my head instead.

Lorenzo came running back in the room with a cold cloth to place on my head and a glass of lukewarm water.

I weakly took the glass from him and gulped it down quickly, quenching my thirst instantly. Lorenzo handed the wet cloth to Matteo and Matteo started to wipe away my sweat, cooling down my skin.

I laid back down and let Matteo take care of me.

"I..I'm sorry.." I mumbled and gripped my blanket knowing that Matteo was upset and mad with me because I did not tell him I wasn't feeling good.

"Why didn't you let one of us know you weren't feeling well? I could have helped you sooner." Matteo sighed and dipped the wash cloth back in cold water before squeezing out the excess.

He placed it on my forehead and I gulped looking at him. "I..I don't want you to worry." I stuttered out, my chest was burning and I took a sharp inhale, wincing from the pain that shot through me.

Matteo noticed something was wrong and he muttered shit before pulling out his phone to call somebody for advice.

I sat up coughing harshly into my hand, blood splattering onto my skin and I fell back down onto the bed. My airways felt tight and I wheezed feeling panic wash over my body making everything even worse.

"Ma..Matteo.." I whimpered out seeing that he was in the hallway on a phone call. Black spots slowly filled my vision and I fell unconscious in my bed.

1345 words

(Hey guys I hope you like this chapter. I'm sorry it's short but I'll try and post the next chapter tonight or tomorrow morning.

What do you guys think Is wrong with bella? Is this a postoperative complication? Take your guesses)