Going home

The sound of a soft, gentle voice awoke me from my deep slumber as I felt a finger brush against my cheek, pushing the hair out of my face.

My eyes fluttered open and it took me a few seconds to piece together everything. I had thought for just a second that it was all a dream and we weren't leaving yet. However, that wasn't true at all. I sighed sadly and sat up as I stared at Matteo with dull tired eyes.

"I don't feel good.." I muttered out while clutching my stomach uncomfortably. My insides felt like they twisting over and over.

Matteo noticed the look on my face and he immediately ran into the bathroom to grab a dishpan so I didn't throw up all over the floor. He came back over and held the bucket out right away.

My face scrunched up before I vomited out liquified contents from my stomach. Matteo rubbed my back and held my hair up to make sure it wasn't in the way. I groaned and leaned back into the couch cushion. My body broke out into a cold sweat and Matteo stroked my face gently.

"Are you feeling well enough to leave now? I can give you some medicine before we head to the jet." He said softly while looking at me worriedly.

"C..Can I have the medicine please..then I'll be okay to leave" I mumbled and looked down at my hands in my lap. My hands were shaking slightly and I gulped nervously as a flashback of what happened earlier filled my thoughts.

Matteo stood up from his crouched position and gave a small smile to me. "I'll be right back. Okay princess~" he hummed and patted my head before heading to the medicine cabinet that was located in the upstairs bathroom.

I took deep breaths as I watched Matteo descend up the stairs to go fetch me medicine for my upset stomach.

As I was intensely watching the stairs, someone opened the front door, causing me to become startled. I immediately looked over, my heart raving but I relaxed right away when I saw who it was. Lorenzo was walking through the door with Dante.

They looked over at me and a smile lit up their faces. "Bella! You're awake? We just finished packing all our things in the trunk." Lorenzo said and walked over to me with his arms open, ready for a hug.

I giggled and held out my arms as well as Lorenzo engulfed me in a tight hug. "Thank you..Matteo is getting me some medicine and then we can leave." I mumbled and pulled away from the hug.

Soon Matteo came back downstairs with a water bottle and a pill clutched in his hand. "Here you go Bella." He stated and I sat up, reaching my hand out for the pill. He placed it in my palm and I immediately put it in my mouth before washing it down with water.

"Alright I think I'm ready now.." I said softly as I struggled to stand up from the couch. Dante grabbed my hand and pulled me up from the couch. "Let's go!" Dante chimed and I slipped on my shoes before whistling for Koda.

He came running from upstairs and I crouched down with a big grin on my face. "Come here my big bear" I cooed and picked him up so we could leave.

"I'm gonna clean this up real quick and then I'll head outside. Just wait in the car guys." Matteo stated and picked up the dishpan before walking off to clean it.

I held Koda tightly in my arms and followed Dante and Lorenzo out the front door to the car. Luca and the twins were waiting inside the car for us, playing games on their phones.

I smiled and got in the car weakly. My body still felt sore like someone squeezed every inch of my body tightly.

I groaned and plopped myself down by a window to see the scenery of hawaii one last time before we got into the jet and flew away.

Gio moved closer to me and poked my shoulder a few times. "LooI look." He hummed, shoving his phone in my face.

My attention was brought upon the phone and I looked over what he was showing me. It was a game called "subway surfers".

"Beat my high score and I'll buy you whatever you want." Gio said daringly and stuck his tongue out at me.

I smirked and grabbed the phone from his grasp. "Game on." I said and immediately started playing the game.

Giovanni watched me carefully as played the game with intensity. I was determined to beat his high score just to make him shocked.

As I was playing Matteo finally got in the car and the driver started to drive off right away to get to the airport.

After a couple minutes of playing the game I passed my brother's high score and he gasped. "No fair! You never even played this game before." He whined and crossed his arms.

I giggled and after two more minutes I finally lost the game and I handed over the phone to Gio. "You totally cheated!" He gasped jokingly.

I smirked and shook my head. "No I did not! Now you have to buy me whatever I want~" I hummed and put my arms behind my head.

Gio rolled his eyes and continued playing his game on his phone. When everyone was distracted with something I decided to grab a drink from the mini fridge since my stomach still hurt and my head was pounding.

I grabbed a water bottle and gulped it down instantly, quenching my thirst. The cold water cooled my body temp down and and I closed my eyes, letting out a huff of air.

I could feel the medicine I took slowly easing the pain that was erupting through my body. Hopefully by the time we got to the airport it would be better. For now I must endure it.

I wondered if all this pain was side effects of that dart that the mysterious man shot at me. I just wish this would all go away.

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, breaking me away from my thoughts that made my head spin. I opened my eyes and looked at the person the hand belonged to.

Matteo was sitting there looking at me with worried eyes. "What's wrong principessa~ do you still not feel well?" He asked me and I looked down at my lap.

"I'm okay..you don't need to worry." I muttered and turned away from him while pulling out my phone to also distract myself.

Matteo sighed, knowing I was lying to him but he didn't want to push it.

I decided to play a piano tile game on my phone while waiting to arrive at the airport. There was only about 10 minutes left and I'm really impatient so it feels like a very long time.

-------------------

When we got the the airport, their private jet was already ready to leave, the stairs pulled out allowing us to get inside. I decided to put Koda in his carrier so he wouldn't be running around in the airplane.

When we finally got all our things put away in the overhead of the jet we all got seated and watched as the plane descended from the runway.

Thinking about it, I did feel a bit homesick when we were in Hawaii. It's weird waking up everyday in a place that isn't home. But at that same time it was an amazing experience and I'm so grateful to experience it with my family.

A small smile appeared on my face as I looked around the place. I watched my brothers got comfortable In their seats, talking to one another about what they would do when they got back home.

I leaned back into the pleasant, cozy seat and looked out the window. All I could see was part of the island and then the ocean as we flew farther away, towards New York.

I couldn't wait to get back home, and lay In my bed. I'm not excited for my brothers to leave to work everyday though. In Hawaii we always hung out but back at home they go on trips for their business and so much more.

I just wish Matteo would tell me what their job is, I just want to understand them better. I hate big secrets.

1429 words