End of Recovery

It's been about 3 weeks since I got pneumonia and I recovered about 2 weeks ago. Matteo decided it was best that I switch to online learning for this school year so that my body can rest and next year I can go back.

Having six brothers who loved me dearly with all their hearts made me feel lucky. Even though I had a rough past I held my head high for the future, trying to stay strong for my older brothers.

------------------

It was a Saturday evening, the sun had just set as the pink and orange clouds scattered the sky like a canvas as darkness with the moon emerged. I stared out the window and sighed softly. Matteo had told me there was something he wanted to discuss with me. My brothers had been acting weird all day today, but I did not know why.

Just thinking about what the conversation would be about had my hands trembling nervously. Soon I heard shuffling coming from the kitchen and I tilted my head in confusion, staring in the direction the sound was coming from.

The lights flickered off and I jumped startled as I heard my brothers start singing while emerging from the kitchen.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Bella, happy birthday to you!" They sang in unison, while carrying out a huge two tiered cake with butterfly decorations on it.

I gasped, my eyes widening greatly as I stared at them, surprise all over my face. I had forgotten about my birthday since I never really celebrated in years.

"Make a wish~" Lorenzo said as he held out the cake in front of me.

I giggled and closed my eyes before letting out a swift blow of air. The candle flickered before it went out, the line of smoke dancing in the air before disappearing.

They all clapped loudly as they set the cake carefully down on the coffee table to enjoy.

Lorenzo handed me a knife and I shakily cut into the gorgeous cake. I placed my slice on a plate and smiled putting the knife down. "Thank you guys." I whispered as happy tears brimmed my eyes, threatening to fall.

"I forgot today was my birthday." I chuckled and leaned back into the soft couch.

Gio and Antonio looked at me like I had just murdered someone. "You forgot?! Who forgets their birthday!" They snorted out like pigs and laughed at me.

My cheeks puffed out and I huffed looking at Luca who was holding a small box in his hand.

"This is for you Bella!" Luca chimed and handed the neatly wrapped gift to me. I grinned like a Cheshire Cat and unwrapped the tiny box.

I slowly opened it up and gasped at the sight. There was two earrings sparkling in the light. They were shaped like butterflies with a blue tint to them.

"Oh my gosh, thank you Luca!" I boomed with glee as I admired the wonderful piece of jewelry.

"You're welcome, I'm glad you love them." He said and patted my head gently.

"Open these next but in order." Matteo said as he placed down 5 more gifts.

I nodded and started unwrapping all the presents that they had gotten me. Soon when I got to the last one that was from Matteo, I became nervous wondering what was in the box.

My brother's watched eagerly as I opened the last gift that was handed to me. I slowly pulled the shiny wrapping paper away and opened up the box.

Confusion washed over my face as I pulled out tons of post cards from different places with addresses on them. There was one from Hawaii, Japan and France.

"What are these?" I asked as I picked up the thin cards from inside the box. My fave was littered with confusion.

Matteo grinned from ear to ear and clasped his hands together. "We are going on a trip~ these are places we visit a lot and our business associates with some places here so we usually go there and do some work but now You are coming with us!" Matteo said and shock crossed my face as my eyebrows rose with excitement and curiosity.

"Really? When do we leave!" I exclaimed with anticipation of the answer.

"Tomorrow morning, so go pack okay? We will be gone for awhile, pick out outfits for warm weather in Hawaii and also cold and light outfits and some for cold for the other places. Also pack a bag with some toys and other supplies for Koda. We leave at 5 am tomorrow to Hawaii." Matteo stated and I nodded my head, gulping down the rest of the saliva that sat in my mouth.

I finished up eating my cake and I stood up, placing my plate on the table before scurrying up the stairs thrilled about the vacation. My brothers watched me and smiles filled there faces. They loved seeing their sister happy and that's all that mattered.

I squealed as I ran into my room, Koda sat on my bed and barked, staring at me. I tittered and pulled out a large suitcase that could fit most of my clothes and essentials.

This is gonna take awhile to do. I thought to myself as I chewed my bottom lip, examining my room.

I soon startled scrambled around my room, picking out everything I wanted to bring along with me on our trip. A couple months away made me anxious, that I would forget something I'd need while I was away.

----------------

After I had finished packing, I was exhausted and decided to curl up in my soft plushy bed to rest before we left tomorrow morning.

Visions filled my head as I dreamt of what we would do in other countries. I've always wanted to explore the astonishing nature of the earth. Maybe we can go on some easy hikes, or go for a walk and admire the world.

We could try new foods, find some city activities, dance, so many things. I would get to do this with my brothers and this made my eyes twinkle in admiration.

My lips turned up slightly into a smile as I closed my eyes tiredly. Soon exhaustion took over and I fell asleep, my arms and legs spread out widely in the bed as Koda laid buried next to me in the blanket.

Soft snores left my plump lips as I groaned pulling the blankets closer to my face. The warmth soon engulfed me and I sunk into a deeper sleep.

-------------------

The sounds of footsteps rushing around and suitcases clattering in the hallway caused me to jerk awake from my wonderful slumber.

I groaned and dragged myself out of my comfortable bed. My eyes instinctively looked at the clock that had bright green numbers illuminating in the dark. 4:30 am I moaned tiredly seeing the time. It's to early for this, I huffed out and slipped out of bed.

I grabbed my luggage and picked up Koda who was sleeping peacefully on my comforter.

I exited my room and relaxed a bit as I took a deep breath before heading downstairs.

We were on our way to a new adventure

1210 words

(Hope you guys enjoy. I wrote this in like 10 minutes and I'm super tired lol.)