Restless

Ever since that day I had found out what my brother's were hiding on the third floor, I've had nightmares. It's been 6 days and every night I am restless. I gave only gotten about 4 hours of sleep in the past 6 days. My eyes were dull, with dark bags underneath. My body felt heavy and weak. My brothers were away on another business trip and tomorrow they are coming back. I didn't want them worrying about me at all.

While at home the maid, Angelina, would watch me while my brother's were away. I groaned and got out of bed. I need to get ready for school or I'll be late.

I wasn't excited at all to go, I had multiple tests and today I have gym. My gym class started about 4 days ago. It's been making me exhausted even more.

—————————

It was the middle of the day and the bell had rang signaling to head to next period. I whined to myself and got out of my seat before heading to gym class. I was dragging myself to the changing rooms debating if I should skip.

We were going to be outside today and it was really hot. All I had was a long sleeve and shorts. I groaned and changed into what I had before heading to the field where my class was.

The gym teacher had started us off with a 2 mile lap. My eyes widened and I groaned as we started running off.

After about an hour my body felt sweaty and heavy. I started to stumble, my vision blurring out a few times. I started slowly down but I soon collapsed onto the thick grass, blackness filling my vision.

The Teacher ran over while other kids stood watching.

"Someone help me bring her to the nurse." The teacher said looking around at the class.

——————————-

Waking up I found myself in a hospital bed, hearing muffled arguing outside my door. I let out a soft sigh and tried to get out of bed.

I recognized thus place to be my brother's medic center at his business and I got nervous knowing Matteo was here.

Suddenly the door bursted open and the twins ran in. "Bella! You're awake! You've been sleeping for almost a whole day." Gio said and I looked at them surprised.

"R..Really?" I asked softly as I took a seat on the bed.

"Yes really." Antonio stated and crossed his arms while staring at me with a glare.

"What happened Bella?" Antonio asked and I gulped looking down.

"I just got tired, that is all, and it was really hot outside." I mumbled and laid back in bed. I was mostly telling the truth just not the whole truth.

"I don't believe you." Gio said and he huffed before leaving the room.

Antonio looked at me and sighed "I'll let the others know you woke up." He said before leaving the room.

I cuddled up into the bed, wrapping the blanket snuggly around me. I still felt tired even though I was just told I slept for almost a day.

By the time I got comfortable Matteo walked in and I looked at him. He looked a bit angry and I looked down feeling scared.

"I..Im sorry Matteo." I whispered softly hoping he heard me.

Matteo took a seat beside the bed and he sighed. "Bella have you not been sleeping?.." he asked gently and I nodded.

"I.I sleep about 30 minutes every night. I get nightmares." I stuttered out and tears prickled at my eyes.

Matteo squeezed my hand reassuringly and he placed his finger under my chin before lifting my head up. A few tears had made it down my cheeks and he wiped them away.

"I didn't want to bother you guys about anything. I'm sorry please don't be mad at me." I sobbed out and hugged him tightly.

"It's okay principessa, would you like Matthew to come here and talk to you?" Matteo asked and I nodded.

"Alright I'll come him right now." Matteo hummed and left the room to have a phone call.

My heart was racing at the thought of talking about my nightmares. I started to sweat and I gripped onto the white cotton blanket on the bed.

About a couple minutes later Matteo walked back in looked at me. "Bella are you alright?" He asked

I was frozen in my spot with my eyes closed and he walked over placing his hand on my shoulder.

I jumped becoming startled by him and he looked at me worriedly. "What is wrong?" Matteo asked me and I sighed.

"I started thinking about the nightmares....." I mumbled and released the blanket from my grasp

"Will Uncle Matthew be here soon?" I asked Matteo and I looked at the time.

"Soon, a couple of minutes maybe." Matteo answered and gave me a reassuring smile.

I nodded and looked towards the door to see Lorenzo, Dante and Luca entered the room.

I gave a soft smile and they closed the door behind them.

"Hi guys!" I chimed quietly and put on a movie for them.

"My Bella!" Lorenzo yelled happily and hugged me tightly.

I groaned and let out a tiny giggle. "Hi Lorenzo~ I missed you." I hummed and snuggled up to him.

Dante pushed Lorenzo out of the way and hugged me too. I laughed and hugged him back. "I missed you too Dante." I smiled  and also gave a hug to Luca.

Soon Matthew arrived and Matteo made everyone leave so we could talk alone. I sighed and got comfortable before talking.

"Hi Matthew.." I mumbled and looked at him.

"Hello Bella, now I'm told you haven't been sleeping at night and that you have nightmares. Can you tell me what's wrong." He asked

I looked down and relaxed a bit. "My nightmares..they won't go away, I dream of when I was being drowned, cut, hit..everything. T..The blood from the room brought back memories." I sighed and clutched the blanket tightly.

Matthew looked at me and nodded. "Have you run out of your medication to help with sleeping?" He asked and I looked up.

"Yes..awhile ago." I said and Matthew started  writing down some medications for me.

I looked at the paper and then back to the tv. "Thank you Matthew." I hummed and gave a small smile.

1070 words