Worry

Matteo's pov

"Alright guys, since you all know I have finally told Bella what we do for a living, I want you to try and keep her occupied. As you can see, she is not taking it very well. She keeps telling me that she is fine, but I can tell she's very jumpy, stressed and overall just worrying about everything, so make sure you make her feel better and ease up." I stated, staring intently at my brothers who were seated on the couch in front of me. I too was worried about Bella's safety, but I can't show my fear. Showing fear is a weakness, and I have to stay strong for Bella so she is not scared.

Once my brothers had agreed with me they departed from the room and I took a seat in my chair. A soft sigh flowed out of my mouth and I looked around my room, analyzing every detail that caught my attention. My mind was wandering around at memories from when Bella was a little girl.

I knew there was a matter of time until Bella becomes to cooped up in this house and wants to leave at some point. I can't let her go out yet though, not until I know she is out of harm's way.

————————————————————-

Bella's Pov

I've been laying in bed all day staring up at my light grey ceiling that glimmered with the dim light. My blinds were closed, denying the room of sunlight as I curled up in bed.

I had my television on low volume as the movie, Jurassic world played. I was about 30 minutes into the movie but I slowly lost interest.

I felt like I was being paranoid of every little thing. When the wind was blowing at night causing the windows to creak, I hid under my covers, scared of what may be lurking in my bedroom.

Every since the first incident in Hawaii I didn't expect myself to get this fearful over everything, but now that Matteo informed me that there was in fact, people after me, I didn't know how to handle the information.

Out of nowhere, a few soft knocks at my door cause me to jolt out of my thoughts. I immediately got out of bed and rushed to the door, opening it slowly.

"H..Hello?" I whispered out as I looked up to see Dante staring down at me with soft eyes. My body eased up seeing who it was, I didn't even know I was so tense.

Dante opened the crack of the door more and held his hand out. "Come let's go downstairs, Lorenzo wants to have a bake off." He spoke with gentleness in his voice.

I hesitatingly grabbed his hand as he led me downstairs with Koda following right behind me. Maybe this little baking competition will lift my uneasy mood. I love baking, but I never really had much time to make some desserts.

When we arrived downstairs and into the kitchen, Lorenzo was standing on one side of the kitchen island bar with equipment and ingredients while the other side had the same supplies.

A small smiled appeared on my face, seeing Lorenzo all happy about baking with me.

Dante let go of my hand and I looked up at me. "Go on~ go stand over there so we can start the competition." Dante motioned me towards the empty side of the table.

I nodded and walked over so we could start baking. I stood there, thinking about what I should bake. There was so many possible things I could make, and I couldn't choose just one.