1st day troubles

My body shot up in a sitting position as my chest heaved up and down heavily. Cold sweat dripped off my forehead and a soft whimper left me mouth. My body felt sore and achy from thrashing around in my sleep. I felt like I had fallen in a volcano, every inch of my body burning like fire.

Another nightmare, it felt like I was there, getting hit and yelled at. My medications stopped working and I couldn't get rid of these horrible dreams.

I carefully moved Koda off of me and placed him on the side of my bed. I slipped out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom that was connected to me room. I stood in front of my mirror, scared to look up to see my pale face and dull eyes.

I was broken and could never be fixed, even if I was always happy, my memories came back to haunt me forever.

A soft sigh left my mouth and inhaled sharply trying to hold back the salty tears. I wanted to forget, forget everything that has happened to me in the past, but I knew that wasn't possible.

I gripped the edge of the bathroom countertop and closed my eyes tightly. I must stay happy, I'm in Hawaii, I shouldn't be upset..

I turned the faucet on and splashed some cold water on my face to reduce my puffy eyes. Once I was done I dried off my face with a towel and headed back to bed. Walking past my phone I noticed it was only 4 am and I decided to put an alarm on for 6 am so I could go watch the sunrise on the beach.

I put my phone on the nightstand and snuggled back up under the warmth of my blankets. I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep immediately.

-------------------

Beep beep beep

My phone rang quietly in my room and I groaned softly, rolling onto my side. Once it kept ringing I sat up and quickly pressed stop on my phone.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes gently before looking around. It was still dark but dark red clouds were shown, scattered in the sky indicating the sun was rising soon.

I jumped out of bed and quickly grabbed my flip flops to head outside. Koda was awoken from my movement and he jumped off the bed to go to me.

I smiled and picked him up to bring him along with me. Just to be sure he didn't run away, I put a harness on him with a leash and I headed out my bedroom door.

I tip toed through the halls, trying to be as quiet as possible. I didn't want to wake anybody up. That's if they were still sleeping I hope.

Once I got to the front door I opened it carefully making sure it didn't creak and I left the house.

As I walked off to the beach, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore got louder and louder. I heard the birds chirp and their winds flap around from above.

Koda wagged his tail excitedly and barked at the seagulls that sat on the white soft sand,

I smiled to myself and immediately sat down with Koda so we could watch the sun rise in the horizon.

By 6:25 the sun was up, causing the fluffy clouds to illuminate a variety of warm colors. They mirrored of the water out in the sea and I closed my eyes, enjoying the salty breeze.

----------------

After about 20 minutes of sitting on the beach watching the sunrise and Koda play around by the water, I decided to head back home.

I grabbed koda's leash and we walked back to the house slowly. Once I got back I opened the door and saw Dante on the couch with his arms crossed.

"Where have you been! I almost had to tell Matteo you were missing!" He yelled at me immediately and I stepped back startled from him raising his voice.