Recovery

7 days..7 days of being in the hospital and I was bored out of my mind. I take back what I said about having fun here. I couldn't paint, I couldn't play video games, no volleyball either.

They had me on bed rest or some physical therapy to make sure my heart pumps well.

I sighed and looked towards the grey door of the room. Matteo said a nurse would be in soon to discharge me.

I was told I'm doing better but I still felt fatigued. I just hoped this feeling would just go away soon and I'd feel much more energized.

My eyes slowly closed from the silence that filled the room. Most of my brothers had headed home to do something in which they didn't tell me. Matteo had stayed though to sign the papers and bring me back home.

------------------

Matteo walked in the room with a big grin on his face. "Get dressed, we are heading home now." He said rushing me.

I quickly got out of bed and Matteo handed me an outfit of leggings and a lavender sweater. I grabbed it from his grasp and went to the bathroom to slip out of the hospital gown and into my regular clothes.

When I was done I folded the gown up and placed it nicely on the bed before Matteo dragged me out. He pulled me to his car and I whined.

"Slow down!" I huffed before we arrived at the car.

Matteo opened the door and let me in. I took a seat and made myself comfortable.

When Matteo got in he looked at me. "Are you excited for your surprise?" He asked and my eyes widened.

I totally forgot about the surprise, "omg I forgot!" I gasped out and I felt excitement throughout.

I wonder what it was, maybe makeup or maybe it's a trip somewhere. My thoughts wondered as I try to come up with an idea.

When we arrived home Matteo wrapped a soft fabric around my head to cover my eyes. I giggled and he led me out of the car into the house.

Silence is all I could hear and I gulped nervously.

Suddenly Matteo dropped the blind fold and the sight made me gasp.

"Surprise!" My brothers yelled out as Lorenzo held up a large fluffy puppy.

I recognized the breed instantly. It was a great Bernese. Mix of a Great Pyrenees and Bernese mountain dog.

"OMG OMG!" I squealed and ran towards the puppy that Lorenzo was holding.

Lorenzo placed the large puppy in my hands and I nuzzled close to the fluff ball. "I'm gonna name him Koda." I said softly and stroked his head.

I sat down on the couch with my new puppy

I sat down on the couch with my new puppy. "Thank you guys~" I said happily as tears of joy poured down my cheeks.

I sobbed and hugged Koda gently.

"I'm glad you like him." Matteo said and ruffled my hair.

I stood up and placed Koda down by my feet. He quickly sat down and barked at me playfully.

I looked up at my brothers and made puppy eyes. "Can I play outside with him?!" I begged.

"Go ahead, in the backyard" Matteo agreed and I thanked him before running outside with Koda.

I taught him how to play fetch and I tried to teach him some commands such as sit and paw.

I'm about an hour I only got him to sit. I sighed and patted his head, "good boy!" I chimed and stroked his soft fur.

When it started to get dark out, Lorenzo called me in for dinner. I picked up Koda and headed inside slowly.

Koda licked my face and I giggled since it tickled. I quickly took a sit at the dinner table and I set Koda down to eat his dinner too.

A smile was plastered on my face as I looked up at my brothers who were digging into the homemade pizza Lorenzo made.

I grinned and took a bite of the white pizza. My mouth was watering from the taste.

"This is super good!" I chimed as I started to eat more of it. Once I was done I gulped down the glass of water and burped.

"Excuse me~" I giggled and covered my mouth. Gio and Antonio burped louder than me and started laughing.

I smiled and slapped Gio's arm playfully. "Excuse you!" I laughed.

---------------

Soon it was time for bed and I grabbed Koda before heading up to my room.

I sighed tiredly, today was a long day. However getting a puppy got me in such a good mood. Maybe I'll finally be happy again.