Koda

I had finally gotten released from the hospital and Matteo told me that today we can go pick up Koda from the vet. They said he had made a recovery but would need to take medicine and I would have to keep his stitches safe and clean.

So here we are in a car, with Lorenzo, Matteo and Luca. The others decided to stay home and I was fine with that. I wonder what they were doing though, maybe playing video games? Or sleeping..or maybe they are surprising me with something. I giggled to myself thinking about it, whenever I went through something and came back home, they would have something for me. I was really appreciative of all the things they do for me.

I really hope it's cookies or something, I have been craving a dessert recently and nobody has gotten me anything yet. I sighed and rested my head against the car window, examining the trees we passed by.

"So Principessa, are you excited to see Koda?" I heard Matteo ask me, focusing on the road ahead. I perked my head up at the mention of Koda. "Yes! I can't wait to see him again. I miss him very much." I hummed and smiled softly.

Truly, I was excited and nervous to see my baby again. Ever since that night I couldn't stop thinking about his cries of pain, I was so nervous he wouldn't have made it. But he did and I was overfilled with relief and happiness.

Before we headed towards the Vet office, we stopped at a pet supply store since I wanted to buy some things for Koda to enjoy.

Matteo parked the car in the closet parking spot to the front doors before we got out. I opened the door and immediately ran inside excitedly. I couldn't wait to surprise Koda with some delicious treats.

Lorenzo, Luca and Matteo followed behind me, their hands in the pockets of their pants. Today they didn't look like rich business men, instead they looked comfy, wearing sweatpants and plain old t-shirts.

I was glad they were finally getting comfortable, I've noticed that when I first got here they wore suits or fancy clothing even in the comforts of their home. However, now their style has changed, they even look happier.

"Bella slow down, there's no need to rush." Lorenzo shouted out to me from the front of the store.

I was already towards the dog section of the store and I looked over at Lorenzo. Matteo and him caught up to me and I stuck my tongue out at Lorenzo.

"You're just really slow~" I hummed with a jokingly tone and started my way down the isle. I grabbed a few bones and some cookies made specifically for dogs to eat. They were really cute, with icing and designs on them.

I also grabbed some toys, specifically rope toys and squeaky toys since they were Koda's favorite. Once I had grabbed everything I went to the cash register and placed all my things down.

"Good afternoon, is this all you need?" The cashier asked and I nodded.

"Yes that is all, thank you." I replied shyly and stepped away so that Matteo could use his card to pay.

I watched as the lady swiped the items and placed them in two bags. She handed them to me and Matteo inserted his card into the slot. The machine beeped, signaling the payment went through and we headed out.

As I was walking to the car, a sharp pain appeared in my stomach and I gulped, placing my hand over the bandages wound.

Luca noticed me slow down and he placed his hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright? We have some pain medication from the nurse for you to take if you need it." He said softly and I looked up at him.

"C..Could I have some please?" I whispered and Luca nodded right away, heading towards the car.

"Matteo where's the pain killers?" Luca asked as he searched through the front of the car.

Matteo opened up the glove compartment and grabbed the bottle. He shook two pills out in his hand before handed them to me.

"Thank you.." I mumbled and grabbed the pils, popping them in my mouth. I was kind of used to medicine so I didn't need any water to wash the circular pills down.

I sighed and leaned against the back of the car's seat. Luca seated himself next to me and Matteo and Lorenzo got in the front of the car.

I leaned my head against Luca's shoulder, feeling tiredness wash over me. I decided to just take a nap to pass time while we drove to pick up Koda.

"Rest princess...we'll be there soon." I heard Luca whisper as my eyes closed and he stroked my forehead softly.

I drifted off into quietness, falling into a dark abyss.
--------------------

I felt the car jerk forward and then it came to a stop. Assuming we had finally arrived, I opened my eyes and looked around tiredly. We were parked in front of a large building with a sign that said said Emergency Vet.

My eyes widened and I got out of the car excitedly. "Come on Matteo! Let's go get Koda~" I hummed eagerly and walked to the front door. Matteo also got out of the car and followed after me. Lorenzo and Luca decided to stay in the car since we were only picking up Koda and leaving.

I walked into the building and went to the front desk. "Excuse me..I'm here to pick up my dog Koda. He's a mix Great Bernese breed." I informed the receptionist and she nodded typing in the computer.

"We'll bring him right out for you." She stated and went to one of the rooms they had in the back.

I'm about 1 minute, she came back holding my fluffy Koda. A smile appeared on my face and she let Koda down to go to me.

I crouched down and Koda wobbled over, his tail wagging crazily. I giggled and picked him up. "I missed you.." I mumbled and nuzzled my face into his soft fur.

His side was shaved down with stitches across, but I did not care for that. He was still my adorable baby.

I stood up and looked at the woman and thanked her before walking to the door. Matteo cleared his throat and grabbed the medicine of the counter before he followed after me.

We both walked to the car and I looked at Matteo. "Can we stop for ice cream?" I asked softly, nervousness in my voice.

Matteo sighed and shook his head, "sorry Principessa but not today alright?" He stated and ruffled my hair.

I pouted and got in the car, placing Koda in my lap. I wrapped the seatbelt across my chest and I stroked Koda's head carefully.

I wonder why Matteo wouldn't go for ice cream. I really wanted something sweet and it upset me when he said not today.

My eyes closed and I felt Koda nuzzling into my lap tiredly. I guess we were both exhausted from what had happened to us.

I'm so glad I have Koda back in my arms.

1217 words

(Heres a cute little chapter of Bella getting Koda back.)