Safe and Sound

Everything went by in a flash as Matteo rushed me out of the bunker as fast as he could while everyone followed behind him. I was disoriented, my body hanging onto a string of strength.

My face was puffy and some parts of my body were swollen. Bruises covered every part of my body, reminding me of what had happened. I just wished my brother's had found me sooner before my mind and body deteriorated to a breaking point.

My thoughts wandered back to when I was at home, all happy with everybody. I suddenly remembered Matthew and my eyes widened worriedly. I never knew what happened to him. I felt bad for forgetting about him, what if he never made it home.

"M..Matthew.." I whispered out softly, trying so hard to speak clearly. I barely talked when I was in there, so it was a struggle to make any words.

Matteo looked down at me and stroked my forehead. "Shh..don't waste your energy. Matthew is alright, he's back at home healing." Matteo informed me and I nodded, nuzzling into his chest for warmth.

Everyone started boarding the private jet to get back home and go straight to the hospital. There was some medical supplies on board which was good, but they were not equipped for serious injuries.

I began to drift away again, but horrible memories were fired up in my brain and I had no way of stopping it.

--------------------
Matteo's POV

I placed Bella down gently onto a small bed that was near our medical supplies. We only had antiseptics and bandages along with a few pain killers. Bella needed a hospital right away though. I didn't know the full extent of her injuries. She looked like a complete different person with her body littered with wounds and lacerations.

My heart ached at the sight of my princess. She seemed to be in so much pain even when she wasn't awake. Her face was scrunched up, her eyebrows furrowed with much emotion. I felt terrible for not finding her sooner. I thought of her every hour, feeling helpless that I couldn't help.

"How is she?" I heard a voice behind me and I turned my head seeing Lorenzo and Vincent at the doorway. I sighed and hung my head low, I didn't know what to say.

"She's asleep right now..but do you think you can help her Lorenzo? Just a tiny bit, she seems to be in pain right now." I stated and grasped her petite hand in mine.

Lorenzo nodded and sat down, grabbing the medical kit from underneath the bed. "Alright let's see.." he mumbled to himself and started to lift up Bella's shirt to examine the extent of everything. My eyes widened and I stepped away, gasping from the sight. Her skin looked mutilated with lesions everywhere.

I lifted my hand up and brought it to my mouth. My stomach twisted in knots, getting nauseous from the disturbing view. I wanted to kill everybody that did this to her.

"Oh my god.." Vincent exhaled and looked away. I never knew it was this bad. My poor Principessa...I don't know how I'm going to help her after this. She must be so traumatized, I hope she's not mad at me.
---------------------
Lorenzo's POV

When I started to lift up her shirt, I expected whatever that would be revealed. Mr. Amato was ruthless and didn't care about anybody not even his family.

I pulled out some antiseptics and cleaned out the wounds with caution. I didn't want to irritate anything else. Once I made sure there was no bacteria lurking around on her skin that would cause infection I placed neosporin on some and wrapped her torso up with bandage.

Hopefully once we get back to New York she can get better medical help. Some of her wounds need stitches and we didn't have to right supplies for that.

"I did the best I could, but she is going to need stitches and iv nutrients. She lost so much weight already.." I informed them and stroked Bella's hand.
-------------------

Matteo's POV

When we had finally got out of the jet I picked up Bella from the tiny pull out bed and immediately put her in my car that was parked by us so I could get her medical attention. She hasn't woken up fully since we've boarded the plane. Every once in awhile she'd open her eyes, but they'd flutter closed again.

I've been so stressed out lately with all that is going on. Now that Bella is here with me and I know she is finally safe I feel relieved. I defeated the only enemy that wanted my little sister. Most of our rivals do not physically go after us. We fight between business and sometimes things get brutal, but we never harm each other's family.

Once I was in the car fully I started the car up and started driving to my hospital. I don't want to go to a public hospital because they might question the fact that she is severely abused. The best option was my building and that's where I'm taking her.

When I sped away, I saw my brother's drive off to follow behind me. We were all so worried about Bella, we prayed everyday, hoping we find her and we finally did.

----------Time skip---------

Bella's POV
When I opened my eyes I was met with bright white lights. Right then and there as I scanned over the room I realized that I have finally been saved. Everything that had happened before then felt like a dream. I thought I was imagining my brother's breaking into that hideout, but it was all true.

I slowly sat up, but struggled slightly as pain erupted all over. Right away, my brothers ran over with watery eyes.

"Oh Bella! I've missed you so much. Please don't ever leave me" Antonio sobbed out as him and Giovanni both wrapped their arms around me and hugged me tightly.

A smile appeared on my face seeing the joy on their faces. I felt numb on the inside but seeing my brothers happy made me happy.

Once they pulled away from the hug I groaned and rubbed my achy head. "Can I have water please?" I asked quietly. My throat was so dry and I was so parched I felt like I've been lost in a desert for days.

Luca nodded his head and went over the the food and drink tray before grabbing a styrofoam cup of water. He handed it to me and I took it nervously.

Everyone was watching me drink the water and I felt weird. What are they going to think of me with all these scars. I look like a mutant and I wish these all would go away.

1141 words

So I'm thinking I'll make each chapter about 1000-2000 words each so that there's more chapters for now