Explosion (Matteo + Vincent)

When I had gotten off the phone I caught a glimpse of Bella running towards the direction of the house. I was confused for a second before I realized that she was running the house. I went to go stop her, but she ignored me and ran inside.

By now my other brothers were out her trying to stop me from going inside to get Bella. "Let me go!" I snarled out, but they pulled me farther away. I knew I shouldn't go in there however I was terrified, terrified of what could happen. I wouldn't be able to live my life is something terrible happened to Bella.

"Matteo stop they'll be okay. It's dangerous to go inside, we can't have you risk going in there." Lorenzo stated and he gripped my arm, looking into my eyes. I froze and took deep breaths before nodding my head slowly. They were right, I just have to wait for Bella to come out.

Suddenly the ground shook and a loud explosion came from inside. My ears rang and everything felt like it was in slow motion. I couldn't think at first, I was frozen with shock at the fact that my siblings were inside.

My chest tightened and I screamed loudly trying to run into the burning house. I was pulled away again for the second time and I fell to the ground sobbing. My body was stiff and I was to shocked to even move now. Bella and Dante..they are gone.. and j couldn't do anything to save them.

More sobs left my mouth and I couldn't think anymore. What am I supposed to do now..I failed as an older brother..a guardian.

Lorenzo tried to comfort me but his voice was muffled, all I wanted to do was go in there and find her. She's still alive I know it, she's so strong..probably stronger than me. She's been through so much, I can't just give up on her.

I stood up weakly, my legs almost collapsing underneath me. I started to stumble towards the front door, smoke filling my lungs.

"Matteo no! You have to wait for emergency services to get here." I heard Matthew shout before they stopped me again. I pushed them away harshly and tried to get inside. All of a sudden I heard an unknown shout and I looked over to see my Principessa, Bella...

She jumped in my arms and I immediately wrapped my arms around her. I was so still, scared that she was hurt. I can't believe she's still here. My heart ached still thinking about the moment I believe I lost her and Dante forever.

I hugged her back quickly and I breathed in her scent. A burnt smell lingered on her and I sighed examining her for any injuries. "I'm so glad you are alright.." I whispered and ran my fingers over her back injury trying to see how bad it was.

She was crying, whispering how sorry she was for doing that. I knew she wanted to help Dante so I can't be mad at her for anything.

"Where's Dante?" I asked softly and she pointed over to the car. I sighed in relief knowing that they both made it out safe I was surprised that the bomb exploded so soon.. unless someone escaped us with the detonator. I groaned just thinking about it, if someone was still out there I have to worry everyday for my family's safety.

Bella was still in my arms so I decided to place her down in the backseat so we could leave. I was still stupefied by the fact that Matthew was blackmailed. He should have told me about it, I could have saved Bella the pain of those 9 days. All those marks on her skin stay as a reminder of what terrible things have happened to her. It disgusted me that someone could do that to an innocent teen. She didn't do anything to anybody, but they targeted her just because of our family.

That made me so mad..I was angry at myself and the world around us. I want Bella to stay safe forever , but I know that is too good to be true. I hope Vincent can protect her too, he's a good guy, better than his father ever could be.

I got In the car and started to drive off towards Matthew's mansion, we needed a place to stay while we reconstructed our home and bought more necessities and supplies.

When I looked in the rear mirror I saw Belle and Vincent cuddled up in the backseat together. It brought a smile to my face seeing her so comfortable. I'm glad she was happy with him.

I stared back at the road and sighed. I had texted my friend telling him the bomb exploded so it was alright and he didn't need to come. Instead I had clean up and firefighters come to put out the fire.

I was a bit upset about the house bring damaged. I mean we all grew up there and that's where we had such great times with Bella when she was a baby and now.

I just hoped some things could be saved otherwise I'd be very disappointed. There's 20+ years of life in there, we had so many great things.

Tears clouded my eyes but I blinked them away and turned on the radio trying to assuage my upsetting mood. It would be about an hour before we reached Matthew's house so I decided it was best to just listen to the music playing to keep me occupied. Nobody was talking so it was a bit uneasy and awkward but i was okay with that. As long as Bella and everyone else was safe, I was tranquil.

As the drive continued, I saw that everyone that was in my car has fallen asleep. I decided it was best to lower the music so they could rest peacefully. The day has been hectic and I want them to feel that everything is going to be alright.

Vincent's POV

I sat in the vehicle, watching as the event before my eyes unfolded. My previous Bella had ran back inside without telling us. She knew his dangerous it was, but did it anyways and I just hoped she makes it out without the bomb detonating anytime soon.

I decided to stay in the car with the twins so I could stop them just in case they got any ideas to go in there too. They act recklessly when it comes to their little sister.

"Is she going to be okay?" Giovanni asked worriedly as he too stared out the window and watched Matteo getting held back.

I sighed and lightly chewed on my lower lip. I was so anxious, waiting for Bella to emerge from the house. However, she never did and after a few minutes I was tempted to go get her.

Suddenly, a loud explosion erupted in my ears and I watched as debris flew in the air. Flames danced in the area and my mouth gasped open. Bella..she's not out..I never even got to say I love you or ask her to be my girlfriend.

My body froze to the car's seat and I saw the twins tense up seeing their home blow up with their two siblings inside.

I opened the car door and tried to step out, but I was so petrified. The thought that Bella was gone made me want to die. I saved her..just for my father's actions to come back and harm her still. I felt responsible for this and I don't know how I'd fix the situation.

As I stumbled toward the house I heard the voice I yearned to hear. My sweet Bella...I looked towards where the voice came from and I saw Dante and her run out from around the house. Comfort washed through me seeing her beautiful face again.

From here on I won't let her go, I won't let anything ever happen to her.

1353 words

Hope you guys enjoy this tiny perspective of Matteo and Matthew. I'll make one last chapter for the first book and then the part two (second book) for this book will have like a 2 year time skip maybe? But it will be mostly based off Bella and Vincent