Rescue

It's been so long since I've had anything to eat or drink. My stomach was now twisting into a knot, rumbling for anything nutritious to get into my body. I've lost track of time and began to hallucinate greatly. The loss of blood, the injuries and being famished made me feeble. I don't think I can make it any longer.

Suddenly the slot in the door opened and a tray with a cup of dirty water and stale bread was slid towards me. I widened my eyes and crawled towards the food, hunger evident in my eyes.

I weakly nibbled at the bread, it was dry and tasted disgusting. I grabbed the plastic cup and drank the unsanitary water to wash the bread down.

My face scrunched up in distaste as I felt the nasty particles in the water flow down my throat. I coughed slightly and laid down on the ground again trying to catch my breath. My stomach was not a fan of the food given to me and I tried to keep it down. I did not want to vomit it out cause it will start to smell in my cell.

I just want to go home..I don't want to be here anymore. Matteo please come help me..

I started to breathe heavily, laying on the floor waiting for a savior. But for hours as I waited, no one ever came.

------------------

I didn't realize that I had finally drifted off to sleep, trying to pass time but right when I became comfortable, someone walked into the room causing me to wake up,

When I looked towards the door I saw a teenager about a few years older than me enter. He had dark curly black hair and vibrant green eyes. His jawline was sharp and precise along with his cheekbones. He looked like a god with his defined looks.

"W..Who are you.." I croaked out as I moved away as far as I could. I didn't trust anybody who came into this room, usually they had bad intentions and I didn't want to deal with that.

"Relax.. I'm not here to hurt you. I've come to help you escape this place. My name is Vincent, Vincent Amato. My father has done enough harm and I need to stop this. Come let's go..your brothers are here trying to fight their way in." He informed me and my eyes widened hearing about my brothers being here.

They finally found me..I can't wait to see their faces again. I want to feel the warmth of their love, I want to be hugged again and to share my laughter with them.

Suddenly the sound of gunshots rung through my ears and I gulped nervously. My stomach dropped at the thought of something bad happening, hoping it wasn't my brothers getting shot at.

Vincent unlocked the chains that were on my wrists and ankles before helping me up from the cement floor. I groaned, trying to steady myself to walk. I haven't stood up in what seemed like forever and my legs were like jello.

Vincent assisted me with walking and I leaned against him while taking tiny steps out the door. When the metal door slammed behind us I flinched at the loud sound, but Vincent wrapped his arm around my waist reassuring.

I looked up at him and he had a soft smile on his face. I don't know why but he made my heart flutter and I felt butterflies in my stomach when I looked at him. I mean he's the son of a man who kidnapped me, but I can't stop staring.

"Here take one of my guns just in case something happens.." he said softly and swiftly pulled out a handgun from his belt before handing it over to me carefully.

I cautiously grasped the gun in my hand and followed after him upstairs. There was dead guards on the floor with blood oozing out onto the ground. I looked away from the bodies and continued on walking until we were in the main area.

In front of me was my brothers, searching every room that were littered through the hallway. Behind them was a large buff man with a gun pointed at Dante. No one had seen him and mg eyes widened when I noticed him almost press the trigger.

On instinct I lifted up the handgun Vincent gave to me and I pulled the trigger, shooting the guy in the head.

The blood splattered the wall and I stumbled to the floor, dropping the handgun onto the ground.

Matteo immediately ran towards me and I saw his expression of relief written all over his face. "Bella..you're alright." He sobbed out and lifted me up off the floor. I wrapped my arms around his torso and I inhaled deeply. They had finally saved me from this torturous hell hole.

Matteo looked at Vincent and shook his hand. "Come with us. You helped save Bella so I must repay you." Matteo stated and Vincent agreed with him.

I felt exhaustion wash over my entire body and I nuzzled myself into Matteo's chest. Everyone's voices were muffled at once and I groaned softly.

My head was aching and my body felt very sore. The pain of all those beatings I received were now being felt all at once. I wasn't numb anymore but I knew that I was in safe arms now.

"Rest Bella...you'll be alright. You're safe now~" Matteo whispered in my ear which caused me to feel placid. I closed my eyes and thought back to when I had the best times with my older brothers.

While I tried to drift off to sleep, I thought about how long I was locked away here. It felt like a week, a long treacherous week. I thought I could handle everything but in reality that was not true at all. I was a week little girl like everyone thought I was. I just wish I could be strong and brave like my older brothers.

-------------------

Matteo's POV

It's been 9 days whole days since our baby sister was taken and I have finally found Mr. Amato's underground hideout. I just hoped for the best and that Bella was alright. If she wasn't I'm for sure going to torture Mr. Amato for taking her. The day Matthew and her were taken, they only sent Matthew back to us a couple hours later. He was badly wounded and we immediately brought him to our medical building for help.

After about a day of being treated for his injuries, he informed us that Bella was shot in the shoulder on the jet. I hope these guys bandaged her wound at least so it didn't get infected. We told Matthew our plan to get Bella back and he wanted to come, but I made him stay back since his body was still healing.

We were making advancements right now towards the hideout, expecting Bella to be there. If she isn't I'm going to freak out. I don't know how much longer she could last.

-----------------
After we broke into their base, we killed off almost all the guards. My team mentioned that they caught the Mr. Amato and a female named Lisa trying to escape out the back hatch. I recognized the name Lisa but didn't think much of it since anyone could be named Lisa.

"Guys search every room, hurry!" I ordered my younger brothers and we all began running around the building frantically, trying to locate our sister.

Suddenly a gunshot could be heard and my attention was averted to who had fired it. There stood Bella, a handgun clutched in her hand before it fell to the floor and so did she. A man was standing next to her and I recognized him as Mr.Amato's son, I guessed he had helped her get out of here.

My brothers were standing frozen in their spots so I pushed through them and ran towards my baby sister. "Bella..you're alright.." I whispered and stroked her cheek lovingly.

She very light, her body was frail and it seemed like I could break her on accident with my strength. I'm just so glad I got her back. I wanted nothing more than to have her at home, laughing, smiling, playing..all things she should be doing. Truth be told, I felt guilty for being in the Mafia, if I hadn't, she wouldn't have had any of this happen to her. I made a promise to myself that I will protect her forever and that promise I will keep.

1424 words

Hey guys sorry the chapter is so short. My story is coming to and end soon sadly :( I have just a few more chapters left and Vincent will be in them ;) LOL I hope you guys enjoy.