It will be okay

<<~~~~>>
Entering the large glass doors of the building, the familiar overwhelming, sterile smell filled my nose and I gulped. The hospital was congested with an abundance of patients and people sitting in the waiting room.

I sighed and took a seat in an uncomfortable fabric chair. The cushion was hard and caused me to squirm a bit to get comfortable. My brothers sat down beside me either pulling out their phones or taking a few magazines to scan over.

My chest was rising up and down heavily at the thought of having my chest cut open and my heart being fixed. I took a sharp inhale and gripped Lorenzo's hand. He quickly looked at me and brushed his finger over the top of my hand.

"It's okay Bella...we'll be here for you okay?" He said softly and ruffled my hair gently.

I smiled and nodded my head slightly before I looked over at Matteo who stood up from his seat.

Matteo went up to the front desk and checked me in for a room before he headed back over to us. My brothers decided that they will all see me off to surgery and when I wake up they will be there too.

I felt a bit better knowing that they will be here waiting for me to be done with the surgery. I have a warm smile to them before a nurse led us to a room on one of the floors.

My eyes wandered around, scanning the bright lit hallway. The sound of monitors beeping ever so gently from various rooms caused my heart to race.

I've come to hate hospitals, nothing good ever comes from them for me. I gulped and followed the young nurse to a secluded room by the surgery wing.

The nurse instructed me to lay in the hospital gurney and I did as I was told.

"I'll go get the surgeon to come get you and prep you for surgery." The nurse informed me.

She left the room and my brothers tumbled in like little beasts. I chuckled and looked around my room.

"The nurse said she's getting the surgeon to come here." I mumbled softly as I looked down at my lap. I got even more nervous as the time for surgery approached faster.

Soon the surgeon entered the room and smiled cheerfully.

"Hello there Bella! I'm Dr. Rory I'll be your surgeon today." He said warmly trying to enlighten the mood.

I smiled and greeted him. "Hello!" I chimed and shook his hand gently,

Matteo cleared his throat and looked at the surgeon. "When will you take her down to surgery?" He asked and I looked at him.

"In about an hour, I have to prep her first, which I need to check her vitals and do some blood tests and an ekg test to check her heart before we go into surgery." The mr. Rory said before he started hooking the machine up to me. I closed my eyes and waited a bit for him to finish up before a nurse came In to take samples of blood to run some test.

I stared at my brothers as they lounged on the furniture watching a tv show. I soon felt a prick in my arm and I winced a bit before the pain went away.

All I could feel now was a tight pressure on my arm as blood drained out. I looked away, not liking the sight of my blood at the moment.

Matteo gently stroked my other hand reassuring I would be alright. I leaned my head on him and smiled.

"Alright all done results will be back soon." The nurse said and put a bandage on the small cut before exiting the room.

"Alright once results are back we can start your surgery." The surgeon said and patted my shoulder gently before leaving.

I inhaled for air not realizing I have been holding my breath. I sighed and rubbed my eyes tiredly. Just 40 more minutes and I'll be off under anesthesia with a surgeon cutting my chest open. I shivered at the thought and closed my eyes.

Suddenly the tv became loud and I jumped becoming startled. Gio started laughing at me and I glared at him.

"Hey! That's not funny!" I whined like a child and pouted with my arms crossed.

"You should have seen your face." Antonio chuckled and I huffed looking away.

Slowly my eyes averted to the small tv screen. There was an animal documentary on and I smiled.

"LOOK A PUPPY!" I squealed pointing at the tv. "I want a puppy." I sighed and laid back on the bed.

Lorenzo looked at Matteo with pouty eyes trying to beg him silently to get me a puppy. I giggled and continued watching the documentary.

--------------

About 44 minutes later the surgeon entered the room. Everyone's eyes went to him as they waited for him to speak, "alright, everything came back good so we can take you to surgery now." He said and I gulped.

I looked at my brother's and they wished me luck and said goodbye to me.

I started to chew at the inside of my mouth nervously. The taste of iron filled my mouth and I stopped biting my cheek so no more blood came out. I waved goodbye to everyone before the surgeon and some assistants wheeled me out.

The surgeon set me up on the table and an anesthesiologists entered the surgery room.

They placed a mask over my face and told me to count down from 100.

"100...99..98..97..96...95...94.." I started to get tired. My eyes became heavy and I couldn't form anymore words. The anesthesia quickly kicked in and I was knocked out. Soon the surgery began....