First Morning with Matthew

I sat on my comfortable bed with Koda sprawled out over the pillow, sleeping peacefully. I was staring at him for a few minutes, thinking about how adorable he looks while sleeping.

I was super excited by the thought of my Uncle Matthew staying with us, but he was not up when I last checked, At least I thought he wasn't. I decided to finally leave my room after waiting for him to get up, but since I haven't heard him leave the guest room yet and I've been waiting for so long.

As I left my room I heard talking from downstairs and I carefully made my way down the stairs on my tippy toes. I tried not to make the steps creak under the pressure of my feet. I knew I shouldn't be eavesdropping on conversations, but I mean it's an open house, it's not my fault they are talking so loud.

I peaked around the corner and listened to what they were talking about since I was so curious.

When I heard the person's voice I realized it was Uncle Matthew, I guess he had gotten up and left his room without me noticing. He was speaking with Matteo about something so I tried to hear in.

"Listen Matthew, I can't just ship her off to your private island, I can protect her myself okay." I heard Matteo say with frustration.

"Matteo you couldn't even protect her in your own backyard!" Matthew raised his voice slightly with a stern tone.

Matteo rolled his eyes and glared at Matthew. "I have more guards now. Even if we did send her away our enemies would know if we sent her to your stupid island. She has all of us, you're only one person so you can't protect her as good as us." Matteo stated and walked away from Matthew right towards my direction.

My eyes widened and I ran back upstairs right away so I didn't get caught spying on them. I wouldn't know what to do if he saw me around the corner.

Once I made it back upstairs I went into the first bathroom I saw. I closed the door behind me and my chest was rising up and down heavily. The thought of almost be caught made my heart race and beat harshly out of my chest.

I took a few deep breaths and then peeked out from the bathroom. When I looked to my left I saw Matteo entering his room and slamming the door behind him. I jumped at the loud bang of the door as it rattled from the rough closing.

Once Matteo disappeared from my sight, I immediately went back downstairs and walked into the kitchen where Matthew and Matteo were before.

Sitting in the barstool at the island bar was Matthew, his hands on his head. I grinned widely and snuck up behind him getting prepared to startle him.

I slapped my hands lightly on his shoulders, "BOO!" I shouted out and I felt his body jerk under my touch.

"JESUS Bella! You scared me." He stuttered out and placed his hand on his chest, breathing heavily.

I giggled and sat down next to him at the kitchen bar. "Sorry, I love scaring people~" I hummed as I let out a tiny giggle. It was true though, scaring people was funny to me and it was like entertainment to see their reactions.

Matthew finally caught his breath and he turned his chair to face me. The chair squeaked lightly as it adjusted to the movement.

"So Principessa, what would you like to do today hmm?" He asked softly and I bit my inner cheek, trying to think of some ideas.

"Mm how about we play some video games or uhh play a board game? I'm not really good at those, but they seem fun so we can try it." I mumbled on and Matthew smiled as I rambled about what to do.

"Okay, let's do some board games, but we need to have breakfast first, so why don't you go wake up your brothers and I'll make food. Sound good?" He said and I nodded agreeably. I headed upstairs and stood In front of Luca's room.

I examined the details carved into the wooden door, they were amazing. I traced my fingers over the lines, surprised that I've never noticed this before.

Soft snores pulled me out of my thoughts and I giggled opening Luca's door. I entered his room, trying to be quiet so he didn't wake up yet.

Once I reached his bed, I lurched forward and jumped on top of him causing him to wake up right away.

"BREAKFAST!" I shouted before climbing out of his bed and running out of the room.

"Bella! What the heck why'd you jump on me." I heard him whine from his room. Suddenly everybody's doors opened as they stepped out of their rooms tiredly.

"What's going on?" Gio asked with a tiny grumble as he rubbed his eyes.

"Nothing~ come get breakfast." I hummed and headed downstairs once my duty of waking them up was fulfilled. It was hilarious to jump on Luca when he was sleeping, he looked like a scaredy cat.

I skipped down the stairs, trying my best not to trip or hurt myself. When I reached the bottom I heard my brothers following behind me quietly.

Immediately the smell of French toast filled my nose and I smiled rushing into the kitchen excitedly. I loved French toast, it was like my favorite thing to eat in the morning, even though it's really sweet.

When I walked into the kitchen I saw Koda standing by his food bowl, eating some kibble. I knew Matthew fed him so I was happy about that since I almost forgot to give Koda his breakfast too.

I sighed and took a seat at the dining table, making myself comfortable before I was served my food. My phone buzzed on the table and I tilted my head before picking it up to see who sent me a message.

I saw it was a random number and I clicked the notification.

Unknown :I'm always watching

I gulped but didn't think much of it so I blocked the number and put my phone away. I didn't want to distract myself with negative things for now. Uncle Matthew was here and now I can do some fun things, that's all I need to care about right no. Spending time with my family is all I need for this week.

I just hope nothing else bad happens. I can't bear to see my brothers broken because of me.

1113 words

Hey guys so I think I'm gonna have about 6 more chapters for this story. I have one more big event planned in this, but there's gonna be about one more chapter or two after that. Depends on how much I wrote for each chapter