Safe For Now?

I stood at the front door of my home, hesitation holding me back from opening the door. I was slightly overwhelmed by the thought that my brothers are right behind this door, ready to shower me with a bunch of loving hugs and kisses.

I heard shuffling behind me and saw Luca, Matteo and a Lorenzo on their way towards me, so I had no choice but to open the door. I looked down at my feet and Koda rubbed against my leg reassuringly. I giggled under my breath and looked back up at the door.

I placed my hand on the knob and gulped down my nervous feeling before I twisted the handle, allowing the door to open.

Koda immediately nudged his way inside and I followed behind him. As soon as I saw my brothers standing inside I gave a big sheepish smile and walked inside fully.

Gio and Antonio ran up to me and wrapped their arms around me like little children.

"Bella! We made something for you. Come look." Antonio said and grabbed my hand before dragging me to the kitchen. Oh how I've missed being with my brothers in the comfort of my home. I don't know why I was so worried to see them today.

When we got into the kitchen, the scent of something sweet filled my nose and my mouth began to water. I guess I've been giving hints of wanting deserts when I was in the hospital.

Antonio covered my eyes while Gio ran to grab whatever they had made. Once my eyes were uncovered I nervously opened them and looked at the table. There sat warm fluffy cinnamon rolls with icing oozing down the sides. Next to them in a pan were gooey dark chocolate brownies with extra chocolate chips.

I gasped at the mouthwatering desserts in front of me and I looked up at the twins with big widened eyes.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you guys so much, these are my favorite." I exclaimed and took a cinnamon bun right away. I didn't care if it made my hands all messy.

I took a big bite and moaned at the taste, the inside was moist and the baked dough overall was fluffy and not dry at all.

"Is it yummy? It took a long time to make" Gio said and watched me eat 5 the cinnamon roll. I nodded instantly and pointed at the pans before motioning towards the living room.

Antonio picked up the desserts and brought them towards the living room where my other brothers were. I smiled and followed after him, stuffing my face with the dessert.

"You guys need to try this! It's so yummy." I declared and took a seat on the couch next to Dante. Everyone grabbed a cinnamon roll and began to eat it. I leaned my head on Dante's shoulder and smiled as Koda jumped up in my lap. Dante wrapped his arms around me and smiled. "I'm so glad to have you back home~" Dante hummed softly and I hugged him back carefully, trying not to touch his shirt with my messy fingers.

Koda barked lightly at Dante and I chuckled looking down at him as sprawled out on our laps. Dabte stroked Koda's head. As I stared at Koda, I noticed he has gotten bigger since I first got him. His head was larger and his body was longer and bulkier. He also felt a bit heavier too since I've had him.

As I looked up, I saw Matteo looking at me and I smiled, my eyes sparkling with joy. "Matteo, can you hand me a brownie please~" I asked and pointed at the glass pan that held them. I couldn't get up since Koda was laying on top of me and I didn't want to move him since he was comfortable.

Matteo cut out a chunk of the brownie and handed it to me carefully so it didn't fall apart and make a mess everywhere on the floor.

"Here you go Bella. Don't drop it." He said softly and placed it in my hand.

I smiled and took a tiny bite of the brownie. It's chocolatey richness filled my mouth and I widened my eyes. "This is so good too! Who made these?" I asked curiously, as I took another bite, but this time it was bigger.

Dante grinned and looked at me from the side. "I made the brownies~" he hummed bashfully and rubbed the back of his neck.

I giggled and took one final bite before patting his head. "Thank you Dante, I love them." I said happily and he chuckled, reaching over to the pan and grabbing a brownie for himself.

Lorenzo took a seat by Dante and made himself comfortable before grabbing the remote of the arm rest of the couch.

"How about we all watch a movie?" Lorenzo insisted and turned the television on. I looked at the tv and watch as he scrolled through many movies, trying to pick the best one.

"How about that one?" Luca asked as Lorenzo passed a movie. I looked at what he picked and it was a movie called Avengers Infinity war.

We decided to watch the trailer first to see if I would enjoy it or not. Once I watched the trailer I decided it was good and we should watch it. Lorenzo clicked on the movie and it started playing right away. My attention was brought upon the movie and I nuzzled my way into the couch cushions. Matteo turned the lights off and all my brothers sat down on the couch.

The movie was really interesting and I was so into it because of all the action going on. I snuggled up to the soft blanket that was tossed over Koda and I. I stroked Koda's head, running my fingers through his soft fluffy fur. Petting him calmed me a lot and I felt safe with my family and Koda. A smile appeared on my face as I watched the movie just thinking about my family.

Suddenly the doorbell rang causing me to jump a bit startled. Koda jumped off my lap and started barking at the door. Matteo stood up and walked over to the front door and opened it. I didn't get to see who was at the door yet as Matteo started whispering to them.

As I watched Matteo let the person In my eyes widened immediately once I recognized who it was. "UNCLE MATTHEW!" I screeched and jumped off the couch, not caring about my stitches at the moment.

Matthew held his arms out and I swiftly jumped in his arms, wrapping my body around him. He hugged me back and I smiled happily. "I missed you!" I exclaimed and squeezed him even tighter.

"I missed you too cupcake~ but guess what I get to stay here for a few weeks! How does the sound?" He informed me and I gasped looking at him.

"R..Really? You're staying?" I asked with surprise in my voice. He nodded and I grinned widely.

"That's great! We can do soooo many things together. I can't wait." I giggled and he placed my feet back down on the floor.

I looked at Matteo and raised my eyebrow. "Did you know he was coming?" I asked with a pout as I crossed my arms.

Matteo chuckled and looked at me with a smirk plastered on his face. "It was a surprise~" he hummed, shrugging his masculine shoulders.

I hugged Matthew one more time then picked up Koda who was sitting at our feet.

"Here Koda wanted to greet you." I mumbled and held Koda out to meet my uncle. Koda licked his face and his tail wagged harshly from the excitement of meeting a new person.

Mathew chuckled and picked up Koda from my grasp since I was struggling to hold him since he got so heavy.

Once I sat back down on the couch my brothers all greeted Uncle Matthew one at a time. I smiled feeling grateful for my whole family being here.

1353 words