Explosion

When Matteo told everyone to get into the car I was really scared. He wasn't to loud, he seemed slightly calm, but his voice held panic and fear. I watched as he talked on the phone outside, everyone was chattering up a storm in the car, but I was lost in my thoughts. I remembered something very important. Dante..he's still in there and no one knows

I had to go help him, who knows when that bomb can go off. I can't let Dante get hurt after we failed to notice his absence in our evacuation.

"How did a bomb even get in the house?" I heard Lorenzo ask the others and I shivered at the mention of it.

When all my brothers including Vincent were talking I slipped out of the car with ease. I had to go get Dante, he could get hurt from the bomb. I saw my opportunity to run inside and I took it, immediately running.

I ran past Matteo and he looked at me with wide eyes. "Bella no don't go in there!" He shouted at me but I pushed past him, rushing into the house. I turned my head to look behind and saw him being held back by Luca and Lorenzo.

"You can't go in there Matteo!" I heard someone shout and by now I was already in the house: my heart was racing and I didn't hear Dante at all so I headed towards the stairwell.

"Dante! Dante we have to leave!" I shouted as I ran upstairs to find him. I arrived at his room and he was no where to be found. I was now panting heavily, looking around the large room. I saw the bathroom light on and heard the shower turn off right after.

"Dante! Get dressed please, we have to evacuate...there's a bomb!" I slammed my fists on the door hoping he'd come out and soon he opened up.

"What's going on Bella?" He asked worriedly and put his hands on my shoulders. I sniffled and grabbed his hand. He had on a pair of sweatpants along with a tank top and his hair was sopping wet, water dripping on his forehead from the tiny strands of his hair.

"We have to go there's a bomb." I stated and dragged him out of his room to go down the stairs. Suddenly a loud explosion shook the house and thick clouds of flames bursted through the halls. I heard things smash onto the floor, windows shattered and I felt the heat of the fire. Flames nipped at our backs, burning through the fabric of our clothes. I stumbled forward and decided to head out the back door since we were closer to it. Dante picked me up because I was slower than him and he ran out the door with me in his arms.

I held onto him tightly, sobbing at the thought that we almost just died. I heard screaming and shouting coming from the front of the house and Dante put me down on my own two feet. We ran around the house and when we got to the driveway we saw Matteo being pulled away from the house by my other brothers.

The sight of him struggling and falling to his knees broke my heart. At the moment he must have thought we were gone forever. I hated that he is feeling that way, but now I have to go to him. Show him we are alright..

I ran up to Matteo, tears in my eyes as called out for him. "Matteo!" I shouted with my arms spread out to engulf him in a hug.

Everyone froze at the sound of my voice and I jumped on Matteo immediately. He wrapped his arms around he instinctively and I felt his body tense up with shock.

"I..I..you're alive?..I thought you..I thought you were gone." He sobbed and squeezed me tightly, squeezing the soul out of my body.

I groaned and squirmed around uncomfortably, "if you squeeze me any tighter I might just die." I croaked out and he instantly let go of me.

"Sorry.. are you alright? Where's Dante?" He asked quietly, examining my body for injuries and I pointed over to the direction of the car, there stood Dante hugging the twins.

Matteo brushed his fingers over the burnt leathery skin on my back, it was bubbly and red. I winced at the touch and looked up at him with soft eyes. His face held so much emotion, so much I couldn't explain.

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck nervously. "I'm sorry Matteo..I didn't mean to scare you like that..it's just that everybody forgot that Dante was upstairs, we were in such a rush we almost left him. I couldn't let him die." I mumbled and looked down at my feet, feeling a panic attack building up.

The thought that Dante could have died and if I didn't run in I couldn't have saved him. My breathing began to become rapid and I squeezed my hands into fists, digging my nails into the palm of my hand.

Matteo noticed my mood change and he crouched down to my level. "Bella..shh it's okay take deep breaths. Look everybody is alright~" he whispered and grasped my tiny hands with his.

I took deep breaths and closed my eyes slowly, trying to calm down. I felt so weak at the moment, I was broken and can never be fixed.

Matteo picked me up and ordered everybody to get in the cars so we could leave. I nuzzled into his chest and my tears soaked a part of his shirt.

When we got in the car Matteo placed me in the backseat and everyone bombarded me with questions. They all overwhelmed me and I gulped looking out the window. My stomach was twisting in knots, thinking back on the explosion..my room..I had such great new memories in there. A pout formed on my face just thinking about it.

"Bella that was so dangerous how could you do that?!" Luca exclaimed angrily and I flinched looking down at me feet. I hated that he was mad at me for trying to save Dante. Yes it was wrong for me to run inside, but it had to be done. I know that I shouldn't have risked my life to be the hero, but it's all in the past now. I can't change what I did. What's done is done and that is final.

"I'm sorry guys..we forgot about Dante and I had to get him out. Forgive me." I muttered and bit my lower lip. My tooth dug in through my plump pink lip causing blood to ooze out slowly.

Vincent wrapped his arms around me and I leaned into his comforting touch. "I'm so glad you're alright Bell." He whispered in my ear and I shivered at his breath that tickled down my neck.

I wrapped my arms around him and mumbled a few words to myself before closing my eyes. "I'm tired.." I grumbled and started to drift away. To be honest i was really exhausted from everything that was going on. I just got out of the hospital and now there was a bomb in my room, which didn't surprise me. I was always targeted by their enemies. However, I was glad that my brothers worked less just to take care of me and protect me.

With all that is going on though, all my brothers are probably stressed out to the level of their breaking point. I don't want them to worry anymore, there is no more threats, no more evil people after me..I'm safe..we all are safe and I want it to stay that way.

1309 words

Hey guys so should I do the second book with Vincent and Bella separate or just continue off of here and label it as part 2? Please comment on what you think, thank you : )