Heart

The pounding of my heart in my chest, it filled my ears. The pounding is all I could hear. All I saw was darkness, unable to open my eyes. My eyelids were shut closed, feeling so heavy to even open the tiniest bit.

Suddenly the sound of the heart rate monitor going flat beeped loudly. It rang in my ears and I felt nothing.

Was this the end? Am I finally dead. I thought to myself. I heard the muffled sounds of yelling from outside the room.

———————————-
My fingers wiggled slowly as I felt a warm grasp engulf my hand.

"Principessa?..." I heard a voice whisper out softly.

My eyes fluttered open and the bright white light blinded me. I groaned and closed my eyes again. My body was very sore when I moved the tiniest bit.

"Bella? Can you hear me?." Someone asked but it was a bit muffled.

I opened my eyes again, but very slowly. Someone had dimmed the lights and I slowly sat up. Pain shot through me and I winced.

When my vision cleared up, I saw worried looks from my brothers. I noticed Matteo and Dante  weren't  here and I frowned. 

"Thank god you are awake! You've been in a coma for 2 weeks!" Gio gasped and hugged me tightly like his life depended on it.

My heart raced at the news. Two weeks? I've been in a coma. How were my brothers feeling after all this. I hope they are all okay.

I sighed and hugged Gio back. It felt good to be in a warm embrace again. Soon all my brothers started to hug me and I smiled a bit.

"I..I'm sorry.." I tried to talk but my throat was dry and achy. Antonio rubbed my back and looked at me worriedly.

"Would you like a glass of water? I'll get you some." He asked and I nodded my head.

Antonio stood up and left the room quickly to grab some water from the cafeteria.

Lorenzo sighed and looked at me. "Luca will be happy to see you." He said and I smiled.

"Is he okay??" I asked since there must be a reason he is not here.

"Oh yes, the doctor gave him orders to be on bed rest. He had a concussion and some bruised ribs." Lorenzo said and I nodded.

"Bella...we thought we lost you." Gio whispered as he nuzzled his face into my neck.

Tears started to stream down my face and I sobbed quietly. 

"Your heart stopped, the doctors brought you back but you went into a coma. They said your heart was too weak to handle everything." Lorenzo said and rubbed my back.

I wiped my tears and sniffled a bit. "What about my heart? What will they do to help?" I asked nervously.

Lorenzo looked down and chewed on his lower lip. "You have to get heart surgery soon. They need to do a valve replacement." He said and I gulped in fear.

"When is it?" I asked

"Next month, and recovery time is about 4-8 weeks. You'll get through this okay?" He said softly.

The door opened and Antonio, Matteo walked in. I'm guessing Dante was home with Luca.

"Matteo!" I smiled and reached my arms out for a hug.

Matteo came over and wrapped his arms lightly around me. I let out a sigh and hugged him tightly.

"Can I see Luca soon." I asked with a small pout.

Matteo chuckled "yes soon, we can get you discharged in a couple hours." He said.

I nodded and took the glass of water from Antonio. The water rushed down my throat and I cleared my throat.

"Ah much better~" I hummed and looked around the room curiously.

Soon a nurse walked in and cleared out the room of my brothers. Matteo stayed though.

"We have to do a quick check up to make sure you are alright." The nurse said and I nodded.

She helped me out of the bed and I winced a bit.

"Alright take it slow okay? We are gonna walk around for a little while." The nurse said and I held onto her tightly as we walked.

After a couple minutes of walking very slowly she sat me back down on the bed and started to check my vitals, and my eyes, throat etc.

I sighed and looked down at the floor.

"Once I'm done and everything is cleared you can be discharged." The nurse stated and I smiled happily, I can't wait to see Luca again.

——————————-

Matteo had signed the papers for my discharge and then we left to go back home. I was very nervous, you could tell since I was fidgeting around in the car the whole time.

When we arrived home, all the guys were inside with a banner that said welcome back. There was some drinks and cupcakes.

I laughed at them and sat down on the couch. Suddenly I heard footsteps and I saw Luca heading down the stairs. I gasped and looking at his pale face. "Luca!" I hummed out.

He walked over to me and hugged me tightly.

"I am so glad you are okay.." I said and nuzzled my face into his chest.

Luca sighed and looked at me, "I thought you'd never wake up." He whispered out and I sniffled.

"I..I was so scared... they were gonna shoot you." I whimpered and gripped his shirt.

Luca rubbed my back and pulled away from the hug slowly.

"How about we eat some cupcakes and watch some movies!" Luca said trying to fill the room with positive energy.

"Sounds good to me!" I chimed and grabbed a blanket so I could lay on the couch with them.

We all cuddled up together on the large couch and we put on the movie "Finding Dory" and we ate cupcakes.

I smiled as I leaned onto Luca. "The cupcakes were so good!" I moaned out.

Everyone laughed and I giggled, turning my attention to the movie.  My eyes felt heavy and I began to lean onto one of my brothers.

Soon I drifted off to sleep, I was exhausted from the day.