Run

It's been a month of being in Hawaii, my collection of clothes and souvenirs has grown but now we are leaving.

Matteo had informed us our next trip will be to Italy and we would be leaving tomorrow morning. Even though I enjoyed these trips, I continued to feel exhausted caused by nightmares and just sitting around.

I thought maybe if I get more sleep it will all go away. I didn't want to be filled with fatigue our whole trip and ruin it.

I sighed and opened the front door of the house, koda along side me with his leash grasped in my hand.

"I'm going out for a walk!" I shouted out, hoping Lorenzo had heard me from where he was in the house.

I stepped out the front door and slowly closed the door behind me as I deeply inhaled the fresh air. Today was a nice sunny day, blue skies with nice puffy clouds scattered around. I would miss being here since I enjoyed this kind of weather. The views were breathtaking, but the amount of photos I took made me happy. I could go back in my phone and remember some good times.

As I was drifting off into my thoughts, a tug on Koda's leash caught my attention and I immediately snapped out of my daydream.

Low growls rumbled from Koda's chest as he crouched down, eyeing the forest. I started to breathe faster, my heart racing at the thought of what could be lurking in the woods.

I slowly started to step back and I tugged the leash, trying to pull Koda back home with me. As soon as I heard rustling behind me I began to run picking up koda in my arms to get back safely.

The sound of something whizzing through the air, filled my ears and suddenly I felt a prick in my neck causing me to stumble a bit. As I was running back, my breathing slowed and everything started to spin as dizziness took over.

I knew the person was right behind me and I couldn't make it up the driveway fast enough. I saw a car coming and took it as a chance to save myself. I dropped koda and threw myself in the middle of the road. The sound of screeching tires filled my ears as the car stopped harshly in front of me.

Panting heavily I saw the masked man disappear back into the forest when the risk of getting caught hit him like a brick. My thoughts were running wild and I looked back, seeing Koda had arrived to the front door safely.

"P..Please help me.." I choked out, my throat felt like it was closing and the woman in the car got out right away.

"Oh my goodness, what happened sweetheart! Are you alright?" She asked worriedly and I gulped down the ball that was lodged in my throat.

"C..Can you drive me up the driveway please.." I whispered and she immediately ushered me in the car. I got in and the old lady drove up my driveway before dropping me off. I thanked her and she drove away before she could see my stumbling towards my front door.

My body felt so heavy that as I took one more step I fell, slamming against the concrete. The sound of the door opening and muffled voices was all I could hear as I laid there, blinking slowly. Ringing filled my ears and I scrunched my face up in discomfort.

I felt paralyzed and out of this world as I laid there limp, someone picked me up right away and brought me in the house to lay me on the couch.

I felt the dart get pulled out of my neck swiftly before darkness took over me and I fell limp.

-----------------

When I had woken up all I could hear was shouting. I groaned and slowly sat up on the couch before looking around. Matteo was on a phone call, shouting at who knows and I sat there nervously, afraid to speak.

"W..what's going on?.." I whispered out, my throat was still sore and it was hard to speak.

Matteo's head perked up from his phone call and he hung up instantly before rushing over to me.

"You're okay!?" He asked as he crouched down beside the couch, examining my neck and me.

I slowly nodded my head and Matteo's eyes softened. "Bella..I'm sorry but we have to go back home. Someone is trying to get you and It's hard to protect you in other places that aren't are hometown . I'll make it up to you once we get back okay just tell me whatever you want?" He informed me and I nibbled on my lower lip before looking up at him with puffed out cheeks.

"Okay...when do we leave?" I asked softly and gripped the couch cushion that I was seated on. I was super excited about going to Italy, but I guess that could wait.

Matteo sighed and rubbed his temples as he looked around the room. "We have to leave soon, preferably in about an hour. I already called for my private jet, you've been out for 4 hours so I had many things done. I had Lorenzo pack all your things and everything is set up already." He stated and scanned my face trying to see how I would react.

A small pout appeared on my face and I looked down sadly. "Alright..can I nap for a bit...I still feel very tired~" I muttered and yawned slightly. My body was very achy and my neck felt like prickles running down my neck.

"Okay. Rest for a bit, I'll wake you up when we are about to leave." He whispered and kissed my forehead before walking quietly upstairs where everyone else was located.

I laid back down on the couch and curled up with the blanket swaddled around me. The warmth comforted me and I slowly drifted back to sleep, the thought of who and why someone would try and kidnap me. I had a feeling it was because of my brothers' business that they don't tell me about.

1038 words

(Heres a short chapter for you guys. I'm super exhausted with school and I'm tired everyday. I'm trying my best to post a chapter a day. Please forgive me for these rushed chapters:(
I'm so happy you guys read my story though thank you xoxo)