Interlude III

The person turns out to be a guy. Who is standing in front of me.

He looks to be a few years older than me. His face is illuminated by the lights of the street, casting me a view of his sharp features.

His hair is midnight black, so black that it seems that someone dropped all their ink on it. He has sharp and high cheekbones as well with a sharp jawline.

His lips look like they've been sketched by an artist. With the right arches and fullness to make them look attractive and alluring.

He's so beautiful.

He's tall and has a good-built body like he trains a lot.

His eyes are surrounded by full eyelashes, and the color of them is blue.

Even though the color isn't that clear, I can tell they're intense and deep. Like they're painted and not real.

And they're looking down at me with a glare.

"Get the fuck out of here, I found the room first," he says, his voice deep and commanding.

If the words he spoke to me weren't this rude, I'd dream about his voice and the smoothness of it. The deep rumble and the velvety touch it has is captivating.

I frown when his words register.

"This is your room?" I ask quietly.

"No."

"Then why should I leave?" I frown, asking myself where I found this courage to speak up.

"Because I was here first, as I mentioned. I don't like people interrupting me," he tells me as if talking to a toddler.

My frown deepens. "Interrupting you with what exactly...?"

"Ares, you coming or what?" a feminine voice asks. Peering behind him, I now see a bathroom door that's slightly opened. And a female is in there.

My cheeks heat up in embarrassment, and I want to die right on the spot. I open my mouth, only to close it again.

"At a loss for words, quiet girl?" he asks, tilting his head to the side. Clenching my jaw together, I exhale and demand myself to calm down.

Brushing past him, I don't spare him another word as I exit the room and slam the door closed behind me.

Ares.

Another godlike creature with a godlike name.

Who's an asshole. His personality does not match his looks. But god, was he beautiful. Breathtaking, even.

Shaking my head, I wander down the hallway and see another room, one that's open and I see no one in there.

But then I lay eyes on a guy, who seems to be smoking something. Our eyes meet, and I think he sees my hesitance because he motions for me to come inside.

"Hey," he hums when I take a step inside. He has chestnut brown hair and has kind brown eyes that seem red-rimmed.

"Hey," I reply and carefully take a seat by the desk, while he stays on the bed.

"Want a hit?" he asks and offers me his joint. I shake my head, thanking him.

"Hmm, what's your name?" he asks. "Elena, yours?"

"I'm Caleb. Nice to meet you, Ella."

"No, it's Elena," I correct him. He sighs. "Ella is easier to say right now. I'm high."

Ella it is, then.

I smile at him and notice that he still has somewhat of a baby face. With freckles across his nose and a skinny body.