Chapter 10

"They asked you to do what?" I ask, mortified

Delilah rolls her eyes. "Don't be so dramatic. I just need to do their makeup minimally since one of their make-up artists fell ill."

"And you're asking me to tag along?"

"And Vi, I don't want to face them alone," Delilah pouts. I groan and shake my head. 

"I'm in no mood to face that asshole, Vi. And the band doesn't like us, they'll constantly be throwing sarcastic comments at us."

"It will literally only take a few minutes, not more. Please, Elena. I don't want to go alone," she frowns.

I cave since I always want to support my friends and not let them do things they're uncomfortable with.

"Alright," I grumble and let my shoulders drop. "But I don't want to see Ares."

"Then close your eyes."

"Delilah," I groan and close my eyes. She chuckles and hugs me. "You're the best person ever, babe. Really. Now come on, let's go."

She grabs her bags and then we knock on Vi's door, who opens up a few seconds after. Upon seeing my distressed look, she takes my hand and rubs her thumb over the back of it.

"I'll be there," she assures me as we're walking down the hallway.

Dopamine needs to do an interview today and they need to prepare themselves.

We did an interview with a famous, Dutch influencer for a YouTube channel yesterday and it was fun. They made sure we were comfortable and weren't intrusive with the questions.

Vi and I follow Delilah down the hallway and take the elevator a floor up. My heartbeat goes faster and faster the more we approach the door at the end of the hallway.

Where they all will be waiting or preparing themselves already.

Why are we here already?

They're going to ask why Vi and I have come along. And I know they're going to throw negative remarks at us.

My hands get clammy and my face heats up. It feels like my heart is beating in my throat and I'm hyperaware of my surroundings.

Delilah's soft knock at the door brings me out of my thoughts.

Inhaling, I try to school my features into neutral.

Dan's bored face greets us when he opens the door, and his eyebrows raise when he sees us, but he doesn't comment anything on it.

"Come in," he says and steps aside, letting us inside. This is a large master bedroom, but I don't think anyone from the band sleeps here.

Makeup kits are scattered over the bed and tall mirrors are lined up against the walls.