Chapter 21

Elena, listen to me

Elena, listen to me.

Ares' words still linger in my head. The way his tongue caressed my name is engraved in my mind.

The gentleness which with he said it. It makes me shiver every time I think about it.

Breathe, Elena.

I close my eyes for a brief second and will my obsessed mind to calm down a bit.

I'm back in the car with the others.

"The United Kingdom never fails to amaze me," Caleb grins as we drive through Birmingham, towards our hotel.

"You've never been here before, dumbass," Violet snorts.

"Still," he continues, "it doesn't disappoint, let me be."

We're coming back from our show in Birmingham and the crowd was amazing.

"There's a shit ton of English dishes that I want to try," Nick says. I scoff. "You said the same thing in Italy and all you ate were pizzas."

"Which were exquisite, by the way," he defends himself, "and the pasta."

"My grandma's frittatas are amazing," I argue. "By the way, she was delighted to see us all."

We went to visit my family that live in the South and I gave everyone a little tour of where my family lives.

"She was a sweetheart," Caleb agrees. The car stops and we make it inside the hotel.

"We all did amazing, by the way," I tell them once we're in the elevator. "I feel like we don't say it often enough, but I'm really grateful to experience this with you guys."

Soft looks are exchanged and then the group almost crushes me in a group hug. "It's an honor, my darlings," Nick says and pats us all on the back.

"Wouldn't have done it with anyone else," Vi agrees.

"Now, wanna smoke some weed?" Caleb asks and Nick immediately agrees. Vi and I roll our eyes and soon retreat to our rooms.