Chapter 42

He's still an asshole, no matter what happened on the red carpet yesterday

He was still an asshole to me in the dressing rooms. He still told me that what happened was a mistake.

This all happened after the interview, so it takes nothing away from the hurt I'm feeling.

It did make my heart skip a few hundred beats.

A message from Malcolm comes in and I can tell by his excitement that he's happy we decided to perform an unreleased song.

It did give us more publicity.

I continue to get more messages, but all my mind strays to is that interview with Ares and how he couldn't take his eyes off of me.

"You sure you want to sit at the front?" Caleb asks me as we're approaching the car. I nod and send him an assuring smile.

"I'm ready. And I don't mind."

With that, I focus my eyes on the car and open the door to the passenger seat.

"Hey, thank you so much for doing this," James Corden tells me as soon as I get in the car, his accent thick and pleasing to hear.

"Yeah, no problem," I grin and close the door behind me.

"Thank you for helping me get to work. The streets of LA have been horrible recently..."

He trails off as the door of the back opens and in slides Caleb, taking a seat behind me. "Oh, you've brought a friend," James notices.

I bite back a smile. "Multiple of them, actually."

Then, Violet steps in with Nick by her side.

For our carpool karaoke.

"Alright," James says and shrugs, "a whole car full. Why not? Let's get going."

On our last day in LA, we've been asked to come on The Late Late Show with James Corden.

Once we're on the road, James asks, "Do you mind if we listen to some music?"