Chapter 24

I strongly suggest you guys listen to this song during the chapter. It's essential, ok?

I want to thank kaci9263 for suggesting this song and requesting for it to be sung at one of Icarus' concerts. Thank you, darling.

.

Inspiration for the song lyrics in this chapter: After Hours by The Weeknd

The next morning, Violet and I step out of our room at the same time.

As soon as she sees my face, she frowns. "Are you okay?" she asks.

"Perfect," I grin and wonder if I should've put on some concealer to hide my puffy and red-rimmed eyes.

My mind goes to yesterday every fucking second.

The moment those words left his lips, he stepped out and the doors closed. I managed to hold it together until the door of my room closed behind me, and then the first tear escaped.

I cried in silence for hours on end. Then, I'd get mad for crying and wasting tears on an asshole like him and cry some more.

When Caleb, Nick, and Delilah step out of their rooms, we start making our way downstairs and head to the arena.

"You ready for the show tonight?" I ask Caleb and nudge him with my foot. I notice the bags underneath his eyes, but don't comment anything on them.

"I was born ready," he grins. We've been practicing the song for a few days and Malcolm thought it was a very good idea to perform it.

"Elena and Caleb look like shit. Someone had to say it," Nick suddenly announces and raises his hands in defense.

"Fuck you, too, Nick," Caleb snaps and rakes a hand through his dark hair. "I slept like shit. That's all."

Four pairs of eyes turn to look at me.

I cried myself to sleep.

"Same as Caleb," I murmur and look out of the window of the car.

"Well, don't worry. I'll do a great job at fixing everything," Delilah assures. I don't respond, and neither does Caleb.

I'm tempted to ask for another makeup artist instead of Delilah, but that would be a bitch move.

Just because she's getting cozy with someone I'm infatuated with, I'd be treating her like shit?

That's mean and uncalled for.

But then again, she did defend him while knowing the things he's said to me in the past and how he's treated me.

For a brief second, I wonder how she'd react if I told her we kissed.