Chapter 5

Although the words he said to me were rude, I still can't believe that he knows who I am

Although the words he said to me were rude, I still can't believe that he knows who I am. I remain pathetically in shock when I enter rehearsals.

He remembers that random girl in the room. The one hidden by the shadows, clueless of what was going on.

I perform, though a bit distracted. But no one seems to notice. Delilah is cheering us on from one of the seats, acting like a fan as she begs me to sign her chest.

I chuckle and flip her off, looking at the others to see how they're doing. Vi is sends me a smile, continuing to flawlessly play the guitar.

Caleb is losing his shit behind the drums and Nick throws him a dry look.

"At a loss for words, quiet girl?"

Fuck. Those words do more to me than they should. He knows who I am. Has he known the entire time?

Every time I'd watch him from afar, I just knew that he didn't know who I was. That I was just another girl trying to make it in the music industry.

I was wrong.

"You've been quiet," Delilah notices as we get to my apartment. Violet walks into the kitchen, doing her hair with streaks of purple into a bun before she rummages through the fridge.

"Yeah..." I trail off and sigh, "something happened today."

Vi whips her head to the side, picking up on my tone and a worried look settles on her face. She ditches the fridge and grabs my hand, running a circle over the back of it while meeting my eyes.

"Are you okay?" she asks as she leads me to the couch.

Delilah takes a seat on the other side of me, and together they try to coax it out of me. "Nothing bad happened, don't worry. I'm just shocked," I chuckle.

"Well, tell us," Delilah says.

"I ran into Ares in the hallway," I tell them. "Not that asshole," Vi cringes. I chuckle at her face.

"Yeah... he wasn't exactly... nice."

"Did he say something to you?" Delilah asks, her eyebrows furrowed. "Did he insult you?" Violet asks on her turn.

"N-no?"

"What did he say?"

Corrupting the good girl everyone is talking about...

"Nothing, he was just making out with a girl and was mean to her," I say, not feeling like sharing what happened between us.

It's too... personal. Intimate.

"I can't believe everyone is in love with him. He's just another rude celebrity," Violet sighs, annoyed.

"But he's hot," Delilah shrugs, "but yeah, being rude is a huge turn-off."