Chapter 32

The next day, I'm sitting in my room with my head buried in the pillows while having the air-conditioning at full blast

I'm lying there in peace, wallowing in self-pity and having run out of tears, when my door bursts open.

"ELLA!" Caleb screams and jumps on the bed. Annoyed, I turn around, ready to snap at him.

But Violet and Nick jump on my bed as well, Vi gripping me by the shoulders and screaming out some gibberish in happiness while shaking me in excitement.

"The fuck is going on?" I yell and look at each of them.

"You're such a dumbass for not knowing!" Nick nearly screams and seems to nearly burst. "Malcolm hasn't blown up your phone?"

"My phone is turned off," I murmur and frown. "What's going on?"

"God Elena," Caleb squeals and claps his hands – he rarely uses my full name, so this is weird.

"We're fucking nominated for the Grammys!"

I look at them, not able to process this information. "We're what?"

"We're making a detour in the States," Nick grins, "cause we're going to Los Angeles baby. We got nominated for Best New Artist this year and Song Of The Year. Can you believe this shit?"

"No," I answer honestly. "This has gotta be a joke."

Caleb hits me on the head. "It's not, we got nominated, Ella."

"And so did Dopamine," Vi adds, earning a glare from Caleb. "For Album Of The Year, Best Song Of The Year, and Best Song Written for Visual Media."

"When is this taking place?" I ask. It seems like confusion is all that's on my mind. I can't grasp what's happening, but it seems insane.

"In like... a month?" Caleb asks. "We were supposed to start our tour in the states in Dallas, but now we're flying out to LA first to attend the Grammys, before resuming our tour."

"We made it," Vi whispers, a glint that was never there before, in her eyes. I send her a soft smile.

"We did."

"Now, all we gotta do is win," Caleb asks and makes himself comfortable in my bed.

On the other side of the house, some excited shouts and hoots are heard. Dopamine has probably heard the news about their nomination, as well.