Chapter 44

Some of you wondered what Darkest Hours sounds like.

The song that sounds most familiar (instrumental-wise, not lyric-wise!!) is Off The Table by Ariana Grande, featuring The Weeknd.

We recorded two versions

A version with Kyle who duets me. And a version where it's Ares who duets me.

We released the version with Kyle after a lot of work on the song. And the fans absolutely loved it.

It's been trending and has become a hit in a very short amount of time.

Caleb, Violet, and Nick love the song as well, saying that it's an absolute hit and they can't wait to play it themselves.

Tonight, we're going to perform in Houston. It's early in the morning and we're already at the venue.

I'm walking around in some sweat-shorts and a shirt, sipping my tea, when I hear a squeal behind me.

Turning around, I'm met with two girls who can't believe they're seeing me. Their eyes have widened and their lips are parted in shock.

"Ella!" one of them shouts. She's wearing a white hijab and is dressed in a pair of light-beige trousers, a white button-up tucked into them and wearing a beige sweater vest on top of it.

She's got henna on her hands and her fingers are decorated in gold rings.

"Hi!" I smile at them and start walking in their direction. "How are you?"

Both the girls give me a tight hug and hold on to me for a few more seconds.

My heart fills itself with warmth at their awe.

"We're such huge fans," the other girl blurts out. She's got long brown hair that falls over her back in waves. She's wearing a black suit, with a white top underneath.

"We both work here and we're normally not this unprofessional," she chuckles.

"I'm Samira," the girl with the hijab smiles. "And I'm Yassmine," the other girl says.

"Well, I'm Ella," I introduce myself and hang out with the girls, taking some time to talk to them.

"You've worked here for a long time?" I ask and take another sip of my tea. Samira nods.

"Yeah, for three years almost. We see so many celebrities, but I'm such a huge fan of Icarus! I hope I won't freak out as I did now when I see the others."

"Even if you did, they wouldn't mind," I assure her.

"Where the fuck is Elena? She needs to rehearse!" I hear Malcolm yell from the canteen.

I wince at the force of his voice. I can already imagine the vein throbbing on his forehead.

"Well, I've got to go," I grin. "By the way, you're both beautiful," I compliment the girls and then pause for a second, "Masha'Allah."