Chapter 6

The flight is long. Very long.

Dopamine has occupied the room in the back, and we don't hear a lot from them. Sometimes I hear Kyle's annoying laugh, but that's it.

I think they're mostly sleeping. As we are.

Vi has taken up a spot by the window, reclined the seat, and started snoring immediately. Caleb flirted with the flight crew before realizing that sleep was getting the better of him, too.

I don't know how long I've slept. I think for about six hours before I woke up and ate a snack. It's still another six hours to go, and I have no idea what to do.

Delilah is fast asleep as well.

I try to go back to sleep, but can't. So I decide to watch a movie.

After having seen two movies, Vi stirs in her sleep, and then she peels her eyes open. Her blue eyes meet mine, and she sends me a sleepy smile.

"How long have I been asleep?" she asks and sits up, rubbing her eyes. "For a long fucking time," I snort. "We only have like two more hours to go."

After ten more minutes, Delilah wakes up as well. Caleb is still snoring, and Nick is resting peacefully.

Delilah is sketching a make-up look on her notepad when she glances up at me. "Are you nervous?" she asks.

"It's weird," I reply. "I've never performed for such a big crowd before. It's scary, but I don't know what to feel."

During previous concerts, I have been nervous and stressed. I'm always nervous right before going on stage, but those were never big performances or it was for a talk show.

But this is something entirely else.

"I'm not that nervous, to be honest," Vi says. "You're never nervous," I snort and she sends me a smile.

"No, I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm not fond of all the fame and could care less about what people think of me."

"Wish I had that attitude," I murmur, wanting to get rid of my anxiety. "No, you don't," Vi replies in a soft voice.

"I'm so excited to see you guys play," Delilah interrupts, "and to see you wear some good make-up. Elena, what did you think about some glitter? Some subtle high-light? You definitely have the cheekbones for it."

Delilah has always made remarks about how my bone structure is something she loves to work with, which makes me chuckle.

"I'm sure you'll make me look stunning, go ahead," I grin.

She notes a few more things down in her notepad and then moves on to Vi. After a few more minutes, Nick and Caleb awaken as well.

It's quiet on the other side of the plane, and I wonder what the other band is doing there. Are they sleeping? Going over the show?