Chapter 27

He only kisses me when it's dark

When it's only each other's presence that we can feel. And it hurts. Because it fills my mind with questions.

He doesn't like to look at my face when kissing me?

He doesn't like to realize it's me that he's kissing?

And all those questions lead to insecurities and self-doubt. Then, I hate myself for feeling that way.

It's all an endless loop.

One where I can't escape from. One I'm not sure I want to escape from. Even though it hurts.

I look down at the freshly written lyrics in my notebook.

"I came carrying my heart
right on my sleeve
why didn't you say anything?
all you did was look
at the blood dripping
from between my fingers

wait a minute
let me love you
I gave you everything and more
and you did everything you could
to take
even though you didn't know
you didn't know you were taking
and taking
and crushing

you crushed my heart
I smiled
then I still continued to lay there
until I bled out."

A harsh knock on the door gets me out of my thoughts. "Get up, loser!" I hear Vi yell, "you promised you'd join, I didn't forget."

Groaning, I toss my notebook away and let out another sigh, marching to the door of my room and opening it.

There stands my best friend, all done up and ready to party. When she sees my attire, she raises an unimpressed brow.

"Your pajamas aren't gonna cut it, honey."

"I wasn't planning on leaving, Lilac."

She narrows her eyes at me and walks into my room, already sorting through my clothes while muttering something underneath her breath.

She finds a black, slip dress and some black, platform heels to go with it. She then minimally does my makeup.

 She then minimally does my makeup