Chapter 16

I see him in my dreams

I see him in my dreams. That's why I love my dreams – even nightmares.

They're a twisted reality that make me happy.

Even for a few ignorant moments.

Even though I feel like shit after my dreams. But in those fleeting seconds of dreaming, I feel relief and bliss.

Grabbing my notepad, I start writing.

"When I close my eyes you're so beautiful
Maybe that's why I sleep all the time
To get the better version of you.
You're a beautiful dream to me
The prettiest one.
Though, you're quiet. Because I've never heard you
Say anything nice to me.
You're such a dream

Whenever we meet in my dreams
I want to kiss you.
And I wonder how you'd react like that
If it were true
Would you kiss me back?
Or taunt me with your words
As you push me away?
That's why I prefer meeting you in my dreams.
I'd rather ponder that question for eternity
Than be faced with your rejection
In my dreams."

My writing session is disturbed by Malcolm's voice fading down the hallway, scolding Caleb and Nick for smoking – again.

Opening the door, the one across from mine opens as well and reveals a grinning Violet.

"They're shitheads."

"Agreed."

The door next to hers opens and Delilah appears in the doorway, appearing confused. "What's happening?"

"Caleb being a bad influence on Nick as usual," I inform her. "And Malcolm losing his shit," vi adds, making us all chuckle.

After Delilah disturbed what could've been a breakthrough for Ares and me, we both walked back to our hotel rooms while she was talking to me about some new makeup looks she found and that she had to show me.

Not before casually greeting Ares first, though.

The next day when she's doing my makeup, I wonder if I should tell her how deep-rooted my feelings for him are.

I never went into too much detail when it came to him. It felt wrong to have such thoughts about him, especially since he's been such a jerk to me and the fact that he's the drummer of the band that Icarus heavily dislikes.

Only Vi knows about all the emotions whirling inside of me, and I told Delilah enough to make him a red flag for all of us.

So even knowing how mean he's been to me, why is she loosening up to him and flirting?

"I might need to do Dopamine's makeup again," Delilah tells me as she's applying foundation to my face.

My heart drops. "Really?" I ask, excitement lacking in my voice. "You're not as nervous as you were the first time," I notice.