Chapter 17

The first thing I notice the next day when I go on my phone is that Twitter is blowing up

Nick has spammed me with messages, alerting me about something. Rubbing my eyes, I go on Twitter and see my name trending.

Along with Matthew Sanders.

My lips part on a silent gasp, because sure enough, there's a video about us hugging and talking to each other going around.

I close my eyes in regret for a second, before opening them again.

I should've known better than staying in the parking lot, where I know fans come to catch a glimpse of us and film everything.

But Matthew had caught me off guard and I stayed in my spot. People have all different opinions on the video and pictures.

But the main problem is, they think there's something going on – or some kind of interest, at least.

Just... the way they look at each other makes me want to cry

Find someone the way Matthew looks at Ella

What happened to his ex? Gotten over her so soon?

The amount of times that Malcolm has told me not to engage in these sorts of things, goes beyond me.

I know I shouldn't respond, only when it gets out of hand.

But the urge to assure everyone that nothing is going on is big and strong.

On the other side of the bed, Violet's alarm goes off, and then a groan is heard.

Imani shifts beside me, and when I glance at her over my shoulder, all I can do is envy her for being such a beautiful sleeper.

She stirs in her sleep, having heard the alarm as well.

"If we're not downstairs with our suitcases in the next two hours, Malcolm will throw a fit," comes Vi's sleepy voice.

"No doubt in that," I reply and let out a yawn. "Go on Twitter and witness for yourself the bullshit that's happening."

A few seconds of silence, and then a gasp. "Holy shit."

"I know."

We remain silent after that, slowly waking up. "Good morning," Imani yawns from beside me and rubs her eyes.

I sit up in bed and look around my room. I packed everything already and laid out the clothes that I'm going to wear today, so I don't have a lot of work to do.

"Good morning," I reply with a soft grin. She must see the worry on my face because she frowns and immediately asks; "What's wrong?"

I quickly explain the situation to her, and understanding seems to dawn upon her.