Chapter 36

"Ares," I whisper, breathlessly

"Ares," I whisper, breathlessly. He tilts his head to the side, his eyes going over my face.

"You gonna invite me in or what?"

Without hesitation, I step aside and let him inside my room. "What are you doing here?" I ask and glance at the clock, seeing that it's almost midnight.

Instead of answering me, he turns off the lights and hauls me toward him. We fall on my bed together, his arm still wrapped around me.

"Do I have to answer?" he asks, a sigh leaving him. I frown.

"Yeah, I want to know why you're in my room."

"Can't we just like... exist together?"

At his words and the fact that he's holding me, I melt into his arms and wrap my own around him without thinking about it.

"Why'd you come to my room to simply... exist?" I ask and rest my head on his chest, inhaling his scent and feeling at ease in his hold.

"Because I can't help myself," he mutters absentmindedly. He tilts my chin up and slides down my bed a bit, so our faces are closer.

"I can't help myself and I can't stop myself from doing these things," he continues and leans in, brushing his lips over mine.

I take what I can get and lean into him, deepening our kiss and sliding my hands up his chest, to his neck. His hand lands on my waist, pulling me closer to him.

My fingers start playing with the ends of his soft hair. Our lips meet over and over again, his tongue entering my mouth and stroking mine.

I let out a soft moan and press my body against his, letting him dominate the kiss. His hand slides up to grip my jaw and angle my head differently, to take more and lick my lips.

"Are you feeling better?" he asks and cups my cheek, caressing my cheekbone with his thumb. "After what happened in the airplane?"

An indescribable feeling settles itself in my chest. My heart blooms at the fact that he's showing a flicker of concern towards me and asking me about it.

I nod. "Thanks to you," I whisper and kiss him once again, biting back a lovesick smile. "I'm perfect. Thank you."

He doesn't respond and instead kisses me once again, breathing out against my lips. 

His hand slides down and traces my lips.

"When did you have your first kiss?" he asks and kisses my cheek, then my jaw.

"I can't really remember," I murmur and close my eyes, reveling in the feeling of his lips on my skin.

"I was around sixteen, I think? It was with my first boyfriend who lasted like one month and then we broke up," I chuckle and rake my hand through his hair. "It wasn't anything special, really," I add, "just a stupid kiss where we both didn't know what to do."