Chapter 38

You're okay, I tell myself and take another breath

I'm clearly not okay.

Not even when it's been a day after Ares kicked me out of his room. The speed at which his mood switched is beyond me.

All the warmth left his body and he grew back into the guy who only knew to hurt my feelings.

Thus, I spent the whole day and yesterday mulling in my hotel room.

Yesterday wasn't eventful in Mexico, except that it was hot.

I did not, in fact, eat any Greek dishes.

I did, however, explore Mexican food.

Huevos rancheros are my new favorite breakfast. I had some burritos and tacos with Violet and some tamales as well.

Today, it's a rainy day in Los Angeles. It seems like the weather is adapting itself to my mood.

We arrived this night. In two days, we'll be attending the Grammys. We had to take a detour from our tour, but in four days we'll be back in Texas as our schedule previously was.

I've been to some fittings earlier today, right after we arrived. My stylist had sent me some dresses beforehand and I went to fit those.

As did Violet, Caleb, and Nick.

All our clothes are ready to be worn and shown off.

Absentmindedly, my fingers rise up to toy with the pendant hanging around my neck.

The amethyst stone feels warm against my skin, seen as I've touched it quite often.

"Alright," Violet begins when she enters my room, "you're done wallowing in self-pity. Let's go downstairs to have some dinner."

"Can't I just order room service?" I whine but she's having none of it.

Instead, she throws my suitcase open and rummages through it. "You need to freshen up and look good. You've been strolling around in your oversized shirt for far too long."

"But it's a comfortable one," I frown, yet I let her drag me out of my bed and push me into the bathroom.

I do as she says and take a quick shower, leaving my hair dry while I do so. I quickly wash my body and face, before stepping out and lathering my body in some lotion.

Violet walks in, ignoring my naked body, and places a summer dress on the counter.

"Put this on," she instructs and walks back out. It's a summer dress I bought last summer with my sister.

 It's a summer dress I bought last summer with my sister