Chapter 4

It's funny how the media sees me as I've been seen my whole life. Quiet and a good girl.

On all the headlines, people talk about the rising fame of Icarus. 'But who is Icarus, really?' is the question plastered across the internet.

They pick us all apart and discuss us. Violet is described as the bad girl. As the one who doesn't give a fuck about the rules nor anything else. Music is all she cares about.

Though, little do they know that the only thing all of us care about, is music.

And Caleb cares about the girls who drool over him, too. And boys. Strokes his ego. I think he bragged about having had a threesome with a girl and a guy.

But that's not the point right now.

Nick is the nice guy, with a nice smile and friendly eyes who knows how to play the bass really well and has a good voice.

His smile is boyish and he's funny. Also, a scorer with the girls at the front drooling over him.

Caleb is the clown. The one who will do anything to get a laugh out of anyone and who loves attention from anyone.

He's a bit of a player, but he gets away with a lot.

And I'm the quiet girl. The one who sings a lot but doesn't do a lot of talking.

The quiet one during interviews and lets the others do the important things. The innocent one, who sings about not so innocent things.

We don't get super explicit, though. I like subtlety.

But I'm the innocent one, they concluded. As I have always been seen that way my entire life. I'd much rather read a book than socializing. Rarely speak up when people were around and yes, I'm shy by nature.

But I don't see myself as innocent.

Though, I've never known the feeling of tainting something pure. Since many have told me I'm innocence itself.

I'd let the comments fly over me.

It wasn't like I didn't know what a dick was. Or that I had never explored my own private parts when curiosity got the best of me.

I wasn't a child, though many treated me like one.

I have kissed a girl before. And enjoyed it. It never went past kisses, but it was enough for me to know what I liked.

My coming-out moment wasn't spectacular.

I walk into the living room where mom and dad are sitting, cuddled up as they watch something on the tv.

They look up and dad sends me a little smile. "Hey, dolcezza," he greets me.

I fiddle with my sweaty hands, and my whole body heats up. My heart is beating faster and my breathing is uneven.