Chapter 51

Ares' eyes keep on meeting mine, and they hold an intensity that makes me blush and glance away

But our eyes keep crossing and the different lights of the club fall on him, reminding me of all those nights when I'd come to Dopamine's gigs and watch him from afar.

So much has changed since then.

The other night when we were lying underneath the stars, we moved to my bed and fell asleep while Ares was holding me close to him. I woke up with him lying on top of me, his head buried in the crook of my neck.

We had to leave for our next destination, and on the way there, Caleb suddenly blurted out that he wanted to go clubbing. Violet was quick to agree with him and Kyle overheard, inviting himself and the others to join us.

So now here we are in Boston, in the VIP section of a club that's crowded as fuck.

Ares keeps on passing me by, brushing his arm or hand against me and teasingly running his lips over my forehead, neck, or jaw, to then pass me with a smirk around his lips.

Whenever his fingers would graze my ass or touch my bare legs underneath the dress I'm wearing, my pussy throbs and only drenches my panties even more.

It doesn't help that I'm wearing a blue, flimsy sundress that sits tightly around all of my curves and flows a bit around my thighs.

Caleb has been busy getting wasted, and Violet has joined him for once, which she usually doesn't do.

They order rounds of shots every time, getting hammered and speaking gibberish.

"I want to get wasted," Caleb had murmured and Vi joined in, saying, "Me too. Let's do it together."

So, they've been both getting shitfaced. Kyle has been lingering around Caleb a lot, who seems to have loosened up a bit and is leaning into the blonde.

Caleb glances down at Kyle's lips a lot and licks his, seeming tempted. Dan is dancing with a bunch of girls on the dancefloor and Nick is making sure Violet doesn't throw up, as am I.

But Ares keeps on lingering around us at the bar, either standing with Kyle or Ryan. But he keeps his stare on me.

I turn to Violet for a second and am relieved to see that Nick is making her drink a glass of water.

"Wanna do shots together, Butterfly?" Ares suddenly murmurs into my ear, crowding me in from behind me. I turn around and see him holding a tray containing two glasses, a lime, and some salt.

His eyes hold mine, the flickering lights of the club casting shadows over his sharp features and adding to his beauty.

His dark hair is falling over his forehead as he looks down at me.

"Yes," I whisper breathlessly and he sets the tray down on the counter. "Ready?" he asks as we both take the shot in our hands and put some salt on our hands.