Chapter 25

"It's not because it's a festival, that it'll be any different than our other shows," Vi tells me, already sensing my anxiety

"Bigger crowd," I murmur distractedly. "It's Glastonbury, Violet. Glastonbury."

"It's an honor to play here. God, Elena, you always stress over nothing to then kill it and wonder why you were stressing in the first place," she groans.

"I saw you performing in London from the crowd's, point of view and it was amazing," Delilah says as she continues to do my makeup.

I was almost tempted to ask for Toby since I really liked his approach and the outcome of everything.

I kept my mouth shut.

"Thank you," I tell her softly. She's adding a few stars around my eyes and adding some glitter to my cheekbones for tonight's look.

"Yeah, Ares seemed really interested," she comments, but there's a strain to her voice.

"He was?" I ask, surprised. She nods and applies some eyeshadow. "Yeah, he seemed to be intrigued, I guess."

I wish it was someone else that had joined Ares, so I could bombard them with questions. Now, I just feel weird with Delilah.

Asking questions seems... weird, even. And I don't know what the fuck is going on between her and Ares.

Relief floods through me when she's done with my makeup, and I make a mental note to ask for Toby instead the next time.

There won't be any weird tension with him. And conversing with him is effortless.

There are countless other artists roaming around the area, but I haven't gotten the pleasure of talking to some.

Caleb, Violet, and Nick are in my trailer when we're all done getting ready.

"God, Caleb, could you tone it down a bit?" I cough as he blows out a puff of smoke. Weed, to be exact.

"You're going at it like an addict. I'm glad you're not doing any other type of drugs."

The three of them freeze and my jaw falls to the ground.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me?"

"It was once," Violet defends herself and lifts her hands in the air in defense. "And it was coke. Once, promise."

Caleb snorts and shakes his head.

"I don't do it often," he tries to assure me, but I'm not having any of it. I focus my murderous glare on Nick.

"Once or twice," he squeaks out. "But only to try it and to be honest, it's not that special."

"How often do you do it? How come I only know of this now?"